lightweight portable power banks

William Christy

What is the best option? Would like something that could fully charge a completely dead iphone 3-4 times, if possible.

I saw a couple other threads on this, but no real answers to it.

I have two Anker power banks the $20 is light and will do like 2 full charges, the bigger one was like $60 weighs like 12oz and will do 4+ full charges.

My Solar Monkey Adventurer, about the size of a folded wallet, I hang on my backpack. It will charge my phone for ONX and my Panasonic camera. Don't know how many charges as I just plug the phone in at the end of the day and it's ready the next morning.

I use these to run my iPhone that I play snow goose tracks on for spring snow hunts. I don’t know how many times it will recharge a phone but it will run a iPhone with snowgoose ecaller tracks playing from sun up to sun down and still have juice.

3-4 times completely dead? Get a 10,000+mAh Anker. or a a solar panel to charge it when you're gone during the day. I have probably 15 battery packs, cheap to expensive, to free from trade shows. They all work fine. One thing I've noticed is they will only transfer about 80% of the power stored.

I put my phone in airplane mode, and disable or uninstall all apps I'm not using, and turn off the GPS, and blue tooth. Some apps use a ton of battery even when their not open especially social media apps... and turn off at night. It will last 3-5 days depending on how many pictures I take. On 10 day backpack hunts I take a fully charged phone, a 10,000 and 4000mAh battery pack. I like having two batteries incase one quits working. I will get 2 charges of my phone and one on my inreach. On fly-out beer drinking hunts I take a as many batteries as I want... :D

Take a spare cord, I've had them break on me more than once.

Last fall my wife didn't even charge her Iphone on a 10 day hunt, she just turned it on for pictures.

Last edited:
I’ve had this model for about 4 years now and it works great. I like that it’s about the size of my phone and can slip it in my pocket comfortably if needed.

What is the best option? Would like something that could fully charge a completely dead iphone 3-4 times, if possible.

I saw a couple other threads on this, but no real answers to it.
One day hunt, don't worry about it. :D

I have a couple Ankers, recommended from HT. They work fine but nothing else to compare them to. I have fully charged phone a couple times and still had battery left.

I've got this one. I bet I could get 4-5 full charges if completely dead.

Also use an Anker (20K mAh) and it works well, but like others, that is my only experience with such chargers.

Reactions: CB1
Thanks everybody
I’ve had a couple. It’s much nicer if it has an integrated lightning connector to your phone. Otherwise you have an inconvenient cable that doesn’t fit well in your pocket.

An integrated charging cable is also nice or at least a lightning connector port used to charge it up is also nice. My other one takes a mini usb which means another cord when I’m charging.

this is my mophie. The cords fold into the pack when not being used 2D92ABBC-E58F-4017-9143-DC3C67269584.jpeg
55809565-4581-4DC8-9BC2-223A34A07B2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 14855283-6A28-4B89-A251-F77D81F0C34B.jpeg
    14855283-6A28-4B89-A251-F77D81F0C34B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc