Lightweight pants with waterproof seat and knees

pyrotechnic

I currently use Kuhl renegades for most of my hunting and outdoor activities. They're super lightweight, dry really fast, and when it gets cold I just put some long underwear on underneath them and wear gaitors.

I would love to find some pants that are similar but have some waterproof material in the seat and knees. Being able to take a quick knee or sit down in the mud / snow without soaking my pants and baselayer would be nice.

I snagged a set of kuiu axis hybrids over black friday and they're an option for me when it is really cold out but they are way to warm and heavy for the vast majority of the time.

Most pants I see with waterproof seat and knees look like they are pretty heavy duty and designed around late season use. Any suggestions?

@Moosie has catch and release apparel, his Odyssey pants, I personally really like them, zipper on the side for air flow, zipper to the knee, removable knee pad, synthetic so they dry super quickly, I don’t even put them in the dryer when I wash them. You can check them out at this link Odyssey pants also you can save 10% by using duckslayer10
Matt

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll have to check out the sitka pants next time I'm in a sporting goods store.

I have the Sitka ascent, mountain, and timberline. Early season, mid season, late season in that order. The mountain are the most versatile pant, but a little warm in September, and I don't think the seat is reinforced.

They are no longer made, but the Arc'teryx Alpha Comp pant is just that. They come across forums and eBay now and then.

Fjallraven Keb trousers are FANTASTIC pants, that when waxed, have waterproof seat, knees and fronts. Hands down the best outdoor pants I’ve ever owned. Pockets that are sized appropriately and highly functional. Zips. Integrated gaiters. Highly recommended.

I have used the Sitka mountains for the last few years. No problems. Love the knee pads for antelope in the cactus. Tried the kuiu axis and attacks this year. Also liked both. Couldn't pick between the three of you forced me besides the axis being a more heavier weight. I bought all three in different patterns so I use whatever matches with the terrain i am hunting.

Last year I tried the First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants and really liked them. They've got the waterproof seat and knees.

They're not as light as the Kuiu Kutanas which have been my go-to pant for 30-70 degree weather, but I actually like the bigger venting sides better on these. Sticking with Kutanas in spring tick season as they've got the mesh in vents.

I carry my bear gun at my hip with a slightly lower holster, so the suspenders help so much not have to have a heavy, stiff, tight belt to keep my pants up when scrambling all over the mountain. Just half a season with them but so far so good.

Back