Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Lightweight 300 WSM users- do you shoot 130-150 or 165 and up?

I have a Kimber 300 WSM and I feed it 180gr Barnes TTSX. It is even lighter than yours I don't use the muzzle break at all. The kick is not bad. I call it the Tasmanian Devil kick blahhhh and it is over. Not hard just a quick jolt. I have other 30 cal rifles that aren't magnum so I wanted to use 180gr to get more ummff on large game. Lighter game I use the 06 or .308.

If you reload maybe check out the new absolute hammer bullets. Insane speeds out of those lighter bullets!

I'm an old guy and have older ideas. Have no use for a 300 mag with anything less than a 200gr bullet. The 165 gor is to me ideal for the 308 and 180gr for the 30-06. But neither can handle the 200 gr as well as a 300 mag. My though is if you really need a bigger case, you probably need a bigger bullet also. Of course I never tried monolithic bullet's, cost to much for me. Seem's my problem with them might be loading them. Light as they are compared to lead core, pretty sure you'd have to load them deeper in a case and beyond the cost, that would drive me nut's.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back