Lighted Knocks

DaveHawk

Let me start out by saying I have never been able to bow hunt with a vertical bow due to injuries to my shoulders. Been hunting with a crossbow for about 30 years. Now I have given this neat little device a thought or two but still can not find the desire to yet add something else electronic to my hunting experience. For me it seems every time I add something new electronically, my desire , my passion for bow hunting dwindles just a bit. I know I would not lose 2,3,4 or even 5 arrows some seasons with them , maybe but my passion for hunting lies in the mystique of the hunt. If I keep taking that out what's left.
Following a lit arrow through the animal and seeing it sticking in the ground take the wounder out of all the questions I have as a hunter that enables me to strive to be the best I am. If I keep taking chips out of my question box , what is there to push me on to achieving my best.

I like them but only use them on evening hunts.It does nothing to aid you before the shot.It just aids in the area of knowing or trying to figure out where your quarry was hit or if you missed.The newer bows are just very fast and even with a brightly colored fletching it is sometimes hard to see where you hit.I feel I owe it to the game to gather as much info as I can about the hit to help figure out how I will proceed after the shot.They are pretty cool in the back yard when you practice at last light also.

Dave- Glad you brought this up as I am considering them myself & wrestling a little over how much extra advantage I want to put in my corner. I do think I'm going to get them this next week because, as a new archer (and without any archer friends that can help my education process along), I need as much info as I can get before proceeding if I'm lucky enough to arrow an animal.

If these lighted nocks can help improve my odds of recovering a downed animal, it's a win-win situation and an advantage for both corners, in my book.

just wondering, and not that I will probably ever have to worry about it, but is it true that if you shoot a trophy animal with a lighted knock, Pope and Young will not consider it?

just wondering, and not that I will probably ever have to worry about it, but is it true that if you shoot a trophy animal with a lighted knock, Pope and Young will not consider it?

That is correct......if you wish to enter an animal into P&Y, then lighted knocks can not be used.

They can't be legally used in Montana for anything. I think that they should make an exception to the no electronics for the knocks, they don't help you shoot the game but do help in the recovery by knowing how the shot was.

Miss, over the years I have learned to tell how far the deer will go after the shot by the color of the blood. Now finding the arrow in tall grass is hard to do. Even with lit knocks and the arrow burring under the light will not show. I am thinking of getting a magnetic searching device that that purpose. My avg shot is 7 yards so losing an arrow is rare. It them field shots with high grass that get me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back