Caribou Gear Tarp

Lifesize goat

Looks good

Buzz,
How did you start taxidermy??? Your normal hunter does not know what a nectating membrane is or even where to put it, and oil glands. Did you put a septum in it and iner ear detaial to. I take alot of my work to shows and I see alot of full time taxidermist that dont put that stuff in there mounts.....Great job :D :D

Cathunt,

When I was in college I worked for a taxidermist part-time. From there, I just kind of studied stuff on my own, and decided to try it.

To answer your questions...no on the inner ear detail, not enough ear on a goat to mess with. Yes to the septum.

I'm impressed--I always tell myself that I should try and mount something--got a blacktail cape already tanned(had it done) and plenty of horns and at one time I was getting the catalogs with all the forms and tools---maybe one day I'll give it a shot--but needless to say I think it's awesome what you've done--chris

BuzzH, that is a really good job. I would like to see some close ups of the face if you decide to post them. I'm one of those funny hunters that looks for, and appriciates, gland, membrane, and septum details. The overall finished look and grooming on your goat is excellent. I really do need to get back in to taxidermy as today's prices are killing my wallet.

Buzz you have more talent then i ever imagined! :eek: thats very nice,,,,,Wouldn`t have known you for such "artistic skills"

I used to just salt my hides and nail them to the wall, taxidermy takes some skills and it seems you have them. Very Impressive! hump

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back