Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lever Monday...post em up

There’s two in my safe. Both were gifts to the boys for their first Christmas. Both Henry .22’s, a Golden Boy for the oldest and a Silver Boy for the youngest.
I need to build a couple rifles for my boys. Don't know what though.

The advice I got from a good friend was to not get them “youth” rifles for this instance. They’ll have the rifles for many many years after neeeding a downsized gun.

So I also need to find a youth .22 to get the ball rolling.
I've got a Savage Rascal that has been an excellent 1st .22 much improved over the Cricket.

Alright so i saw this pic on reddit r/leverguns and I started down the rabbit hole. I decided my next rifle is going to be a level action brush gun probably for smaller deer and javelina. I'd like to keep ammo cheaper, so I'm leaning toward .357/.38. I'd rather not go full scope, I like the low profile of a reflex or just irons. The Henry All weather seemed like a good option but those are flying off the shelves lately. This might be a next year gun, but I'm having fun in the planning stages here

View attachment 274319

How about a Marlin 1894 (either new or old) in .38-40 or .44-40? Way cooler than the Henry, imho.

How about a Marlin 1894 (either new or old) in .38-40 or .44-40? Way cooler than the Henry, imho.
Early in my hunting career, I occasionally carried my dad’s Winchester 1892 in 44-40. I never did shoot anything with it. It was an older rifle but it was not a family heirloom so he eventually traded it off for something more utilitarian. I did think the cartridge was cool.

Chiappa 1892 clone in 45 Colt. Color case hardened, slicker than snot.
1892.jpg

Marlin 39a, 22LR.
39a.jpg

Tried finding pics of the ones I've sold, but I apparently deleted them in shame. There was a Marlin 336, a Marlin 444, and a Henry Long Ranger.

Back