Leupold Warranty

skifunk2

I'm sure its been posted on here numerous times and ways, but I just wanted to post a note regarding how great the warranty for Leupold is. My (2nd hand) rangefinder started to go on the fritz late in archery season here in the east. After the season I contacted customer service, described the problem, their recommendation send back in for warranty work. Less than 1 month later I have a brand new, rangefinder sitting on my doorstep, with no questions asked...

Its the norm nowadays for horrible customer/tech support across all facets of your life, but boy is it nice when things work out! Kudos to Leupold!!

That is great service! I lost the objective lens cover and eyes piece cover for my spotting scope while out hunting this fall. I checked the Leupold website to see if I could order replacements and couldn't find where to order the parts online. I emailed customer service asking if I could buy the covers and they actually sent them to me at no charge, knowing I lost them due to MY negligence. I'll be buying Leupold optics in the future for sure.

Back about 10 years or so i worked at a sporting goods store and Leupold was always great to deal with when a customer had an issue. Good to see that's still the case.

It's always been that way with Leupold. If you do something for 100 years, you figure things out. Cracks me up when the first thing mentioned about Vortex is THEIR warranty. Good reason for that though. mtmuley

I also recently had a positive experience with Leupold. I had a 8 year old RX-600 rangefinder that had issues displaying the yardage. I replaced it with a new RX-1000 last year, but my wife was looking at getting a rangefinder so I thought I would send it in asking how much it would cost, if it was repairable. There is only a 2 year warranty on electronics so I was expecting to pay, if it was even repairable. A few weeks later I received a new RX-650 rangefinder at no cost. At other times I have had questions on products and they have always been very helpful and wanting to do a well above average job of making things right. I have never had as good of customer service experiences as I have with Leupold. It definitely carries a lot of weight on new optics purchases. In the last year I have purchased the RX-1000 and two VX-3 CDS scopes.

How 'murica should be!

My Zeiss spotter went in a few months ago and apparently is spending the holidays in Germany. Apparently it takes them about 4+ months to repair and I'm not sure if it'll cost me or not since the "customer service dept" told me the bare minimum when I called in. Their customer service dept sounded like someone's grandma whose morning of watching the price is right was interrupted by my call about the status of my equipment.

It's always been that way with Leupold. If you do something for 100 years, you figure things out. Cracks me up when the first thing mentioned about Vortex is THEIR warranty. Good reason for that though. mtmuley

Everything that I have seen, indicates that you WILL need the Vortex warranty, if you hang onto it long enough.

I have a small 7x Leupold bino that I bought many years ago. Even though they were not meant to be fog/water proof, Leupold has fixed them once for that and once for another problem. No questions asked and they are old like me. I only have one Leupold set-and-forget scope and it has been perfect.

Leupold continues to have one of the best warranties in the country and I think that is one of their best marketing features.

I've sent Leupold back a 50 year(atleast) old straight 4x scope that was starting to fog up on the inside. They called and told me to pick out which brand new VX-2 I wanted.
I told them I didn't want a new scope, because this one had sentimental value (inherited) and if they couldn't fix it, no big deal just send it back.
To my surprise it showed up a few days later fixed and all polished up.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back