Leupold VX-6 opinions/input

fishing4sanity

I'm looking at a VX6 3-18 with the CDS-ZL (zero lock). I want a scope with a zero lock/stop feature and was hoping someone here would have hands-on experience with the Leupold. Does the zero stop still allow the scope to be dialed for more than one turn of elevation adjustment? (One turn is plenty for hunting, but this setup will also see use for long-range steel.) I was also looking at the Zeiss Conquest HD5, but their zero stop appears to limit the turret to one rotation. I'm looking for opinions on the quality and repeat-ability of the turrets and just your overall view of the VX-6. I've been very happy with some of the Nightforce and Razor scopes, but hoping to shave off some weight over those scopes. Input from your experiences is appreciated. Thanks.

I have three of them. I can only get one revolution out of mine. My dials go to 700 yards, which for my shooting is all I need.

It is an amazing scope. The glass and coatings are excellent. I love the 2-12X on my lightweight rifles. They are super compact, with great eye relief at close ranges and 12X is excellent at all hunting distances.

And, it comes with the Leupold4Life guarantee.

If you are looking to shave weight, then go with the VX-3i, they are 4-6 oz lighter than the VX-6 and 1/3 the cost.

I have the 3-18 but have not ordered the dials yet, Overall love the scope. I've shot 3x9s all my life so when I got my vx6 I cranked it all the way to 15 power on a buck I shot in December, I was amazed at how close that thing looked in the crosshairs, only problem I realized afterwards is if I needed a follow up within 150 yards or so it would have been very difficult with the magnification setting I had it on. I'm sure it would be just the ticket in elk country though

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back