Leupold Vx-5HD 3-15x44 on a Tikka T3x.

Put this same scope on a t3x for my dad, used medium sport match rings. Don't think I could have gone any lower

Put this same scope on a t3x for my dad, used medium sport match rings. Don't think I could have gone any lower
I have two Tikkas and both have Sportsmatch rings. Cannot see a reason to do otherwise should I end up owning another Tikka.

What rings and bases are those btw?
They're just he Leupold Dovetail low rings and bases. If i were to do it again, I'd get the game reaper one piece mount. I picked up a t3x in .223, and put my old 3-9 scope with a game reaper mount, and found it much simpler to install. Granted I'm not sure how the game reaper mount does with larger calibers, but it's been rock solid on my .223.

They're just he Leupold Dovetail low rings and bases. If i were to do it again, I'd get the game reaper one piece mount. I picked up a t3x in .223, and put my old 3-9 scope with a game reaper mount, and found it much simpler to install. Granted I'm not sure how the game reaper mount does with larger calibers, but it's been rock solid on my .223.
I have a T3x in 300 Win Mag that has right at 500 rounds through it. The mount has been beat up and has been incredibly reliable. This is one of the groups from this past Saturday.

Attachments

• Nosler Accubond 180gr 81gr H1000 3-20-21.jpg
    Nosler Accubond 180gr 81gr H1000 3-20-21.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 12
I have a T3x in 300 Win Mag that has right at 500 rounds through it. The mount has been beat up and has been incredibly reliable. This is one of the groups from this past Saturday.
Do you have a picture of that setup? And what height is it? Thanks

Can’t ask for much better than that. Great group!!

Sportsmatch rings for the win. They are what I use on my 2 tikkas. Light, cheap, durable, and they use the integrated rail that a tikka comes with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back