Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Leupold VX-2 6-18

Gynaroo

Question for the more experienced or more savvy individuals? I’m looking at a rifle to buy (7mm Weatherby) that has a Leupold VX-2 6-18x50 on top. I’ve looked at a few different websites to figure out what it’s value is but need a little help. Any one have an idea of it’s value?

I have one with a 40mm objective lends # 120615. I may have my purchase receipt somewhere, but I think you could maybe get $200 for it assuming that it hasn't been abused. If you want the gun sans scope start with a $250 price reduction and see how it goes.

I have a 6-18x40 also...I think I paid somewhere in the $400-$500 range for it new. A 50mm objective probably would have been $100 more. Are you sure it's a 50mm objective? I don't recall them making a 50mm in the VX-2, but I could be wrong.

I find that I paid $438 for mine 3 years ago this month. It came with a CDS dial offer and Windplex reticle. It has a 1 inch tube which may or may not be a strong point. So I will revise my estimate and say that maybe you could get $300 for it with the right buyer and offer about that much less for the gun sans scope. Strangely I don't see one on eBay.

Mine is an older one with 40mm Obj and target dot reticle. I place it's value at around $400, having traded my Browning Buckmark with wood grips for it.

WalMart still has them on their website for $434, but OOS. Can't speak for others, but I would not give near new money for any scope that's used.

I have a 6-18x40 also...I think I paid somewhere in the $400-$500 range for it new. A 50mm objective probably would have been $100 more. Are you sure it's a 50mm objective? I don't recall them making a 50mm in the VX-2, but I could be wrong.
I’m not sure. It just looks bigger then a 40. It’s likely a 40mm based on what I see on different sites.

It could have been $350-400 new in the mid nineties and on...
With a gold ring on the end of it, at that magnification I would say $350 is a good deal.
I’ve got a 3-9x 50mm vX-II. To me, its worth the $300 something I paid for it in ‘96 or so.

actually a good scope to start out that rifle with.. shoot it a bit and see if you like it...you could also send it back to Leupold and get a cds put in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back