Leupold Duplex

Big Sky Guy

Did Leupold change their duplex reticle? I’ve used their VX3 line and have always liked their duplex reticle. I recently got a Leupold VX 5HD with the ZL turret and when comparing side by side the 5 is noticeably thicker and the thinner lines are longer before meeting up with the thicker lines and the reticle is black instead of gold. I guess I’ll prly get used to it but I really like the reticle on my vx3’s compared to the 5. Anyone have any experience? I checked the box from my 3 and 5 and both say duplex as I thought maybe I was using a thin duplex and didn’t realize it but they are both advertised as duplex and I bought them both new.

The duplex subtensions are listed at page 84 on the attached link. It shows the differences you noted between the VX-5HD and the VX-3i - both at 10x top end. Of course, the VX-5 might actually be 9.7x at its top end while the VX-3 could be 10.1x so that might account for the difference in the thickness of the reticle. The width of the thin opening is definitely much larger on the 5.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back