Leupold Duplex

Big Sky Guy

Did Leupold change their duplex reticle? I’ve used their VX3 line and have always liked their duplex reticle. I recently got a Leupold VX 5HD with the ZL turret and when comparing side by side the 5 is noticeably thicker and the thinner lines are longer before meeting up with the thicker lines and the reticle is black instead of gold. I guess I’ll prly get used to it but I really like the reticle on my vx3’s compared to the 5. Anyone have any experience? I checked the box from my 3 and 5 and both say duplex as I thought maybe I was using a thin duplex and didn’t realize it but they are both advertised as duplex and I bought them both new.

The duplex subtensions are listed at page 84 on the attached link. It shows the differences you noted between the VX-5HD and the VX-3i - both at 10x top end. Of course, the VX-5 might actually be 9.7x at its top end while the VX-3 could be 10.1x so that might account for the difference in the thickness of the reticle. The width of the thin opening is definitely much larger on the 5.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back