Leica Riflescopes?

ludville1

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Leica Riflescopes, and how you like them? I have a Leica range finder and the glass is superb.

I've got a leica er5 2-10x50 with a ranging reticle. It's really good. Very bright, excellent glass. Fairly heavy. Holds zero. I would say glass is a little better than leupold vx5hd or vx6, little brighter. Not by much though. Could be a little brighter because it's a 50mm. I'd buy again if they still made them. No issues with it. Put it on a howa hogue stocked 6.5 creedmoor that I paid $300 for. Setup shoots 1/2 inch groups with 140 gr federal fusion.

I have one of their cheaper versions. Good glass, my turrets are capped, and my only complaint is they don’t have a good click when you adjust the scope.

I have been looking at the Amplus 6 2.5-15x 50 L-4a 50310. Has everything that I want in a scope, including an illuminated "dot". And not terribly expensive for what you get.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the Amplus 6 2.5-15x 50 L-4a. Has everything that I want in a scope, including an illuminated "dot". And not terribly expensive for what you get.
I have looked at them also. They do seem to have a lot of value features for the money even though they aren't cheap by any means. I would research warranties and compare with say Swarovski. I don't mean the piece of paper that tells you how long the warranty is, I'm talking about researching those who have tried to use the warranty and the outcome.

I have looked at them also. They do seem to have a lot of value features for the money even though they aren't cheap by any means. I would research warranties and compare with say Swarovski. I don't mean the piece of paper that tells you how long the warranty is, I'm talking about researching those who have tried to use the warranty and the outcome.

I have been impressed with the warranty service that I have received from Swarovski...was very good.

Just ordered a Leica Amplus 6 2.5-15x 50 L4-a 50310 and am excited to receive it! If it's anything like my Leica rangefinder, I will love it. This scope will reside on my new Browning X Bolt White Gold Medallion .30-06.

Last edited:
Never heard anything bad about Leica but then they don't sell near the number of scope's as a lot of other companys for no resaon I'd say than cost! I have a leupold rangefinder and optics are great. Also have a number of $200 scopes and no complaints on any of them! If you can afford a Leica, have at it!

Received the new scope today, it has everything that I want in a scope, and the glass quality is truly phenomenal!

Last edited:
Would the Amplus 6 3-18x44 be better than the Zeiss V4 6-24x50? Trying to decide between the two for my Weatherby

How many dead threads are your going to play Lazerus with and ask the same question?
Just trying to get the best information I can to make the best decision. Don’t see anything wrong with that. Appreciate your reply in the other thread.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back