Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leftover CO

I struck out again this week, there is always next week…

I guess I used up most of my luck the first year the system switched but I’m still hopeful!
The new system blows. IMO non-residents shouldn’t have a shot at re-issues.

The new system blows. IMO non-residents shouldn’t have a shot at re-issues.
I don’t think you should be able to return a tag at all, and if you acquire an A tag through any means possible I think you should lose all your PP. I don’t really care if residents or non residents get the reissue tags currently because the system is broken. Residents have more opportunity and draw odds anyways. We need big changes but until then I will do my best to continue acquiring tags off the reissue list.

My best year ever was an 11 point antelope tag and then picked up 1st season cow tag only to return it in order to snag a 1 point e/s first season elk tag in the same unit the next week. Myself and/or one of my hunting partners has been able to pick up a tag off the reissue list every year since then. This system is better than the previous but I think it should go away too.

I made a HTalker very happy today with my clickety clicks. And gained a great hunt partner for chasing rutting mule deer with a bow on my hunt I already have the tag for..

My best year of leftovers was 32? pref points of tags deer, elk, and antelope and almost 90 pref points worth of tags over three years. Miss the good old days of the system but more than got my share.

I do miss being ahead of the curve by pulling 61 elk, 76 elk (twice in a row) 4th season deer tags 3x, multiple good lope tags in the old system. But I have scored more than my share, just not since the new system rolled out.

Last edited:
I don’t think you should be able to return a tag at all, and if you acquire an A tag through any means possible I think you should lose all your PP. I don’t really care if residents or non residents get the reissue tags currently because the system is broken. Residents have more opportunity and draw odds anyways. We need big changes but until then I will do my best to continue acquiring tags off the reissue list.

My best year ever was an 11 point antelope tag and then picked up 1st season cow tag only to return it in order to snag a 1 point e/s first season elk tag in the same unit the next week. Myself and/or one of my hunting partners has been able to pick up a tag off the reissue list every year since then. This system is better than the previous but I think it should go away too.
How are you getting left overs? Is my internet just too slow or are you doing something the rest of us aren’t. TIA

How are you getting left overs? Is my internet just too slow or are you doing something the rest of us aren’t. TIA
No one is going to post the nitty gritty details of how they’re getting reissue tags on a public forum such as this. And if they do, they should be dragged into the street and shot.

But to answer the question, it’s probably something you’re doing / not doing.

Usually I can pick something up to but haven't been able to this year. I get to the add to cart screen then nothing.

This year has been tougher than the past 7. The list each week has been slim pickings but we’ve been able to grab a couple good deer tags. Love playing the reissue game.

Swing and a miss again today on a doe pronghorn tag. Got to the add to cart page and then poof it was gone.

Swing and a miss again today on a doe pronghorn tag. Got to the add to cart page and then poof it was gone.
same, I actually tried for a pretty easy tag and was just about as fast as I humanly could be to add to the cart and lost out. Same story all year trying on this leftover list - seems it has gotten harder

How am I going to make tag soup without any licenses? I guess I am not alone in chasing the elusive re-issue hunts... more likely to see the lockness monster than see one of these tags in person.

Am I the only one that the reissue preview list wouldn't load for??? I tried loading it multiple times yesterday and it kept loading the previous week's page...
I was having that problem a couple weeks ago, but did eventually get it to refresh. Although I will echo what others have said, it feels like I’m chasing a unicorn.

This year has been tougher than the past 7. The list each week has been slim pickings but we’ve been able to grab a couple good deer tags. Love playing the reissue game.
Got to remember the 5 point rule and phone calls. As point creep annually increases more units are crossing the 5 point threshold and become phone calls to nexts in line prior to hitting the list. The amount of tags available will continue to decrease.

The good ole days are over! Racked up over 100 points in tags, good while it lasted.

Back