LEAVING WED

MEATHEAD

Leaving wed for 4 day duck hunt in west Tn. on the Mississippi river. Hope it keeps getting colder up north to bring down some more ducks. From what i've seen, its been slow.

Good luck on the duck hunt Meathead. How are you hunting? Boat? Dogs? Big group? Permanent blind?

Are you able to shoot a limit everyday or do you have to ship birds home to stay under possession limits?

Ok, I guess that was enough for questions.
biggrin.gif

Its flooded corn fields, drive up to edge of field, unload boat, drive to a floating blind, drive boat inside the blind and park, step out of boat into the blind and get ready
biggrin.gif

Limits are max out every day, birds are taken to processor and donated to the hungry.

Yes I too used to go on this hunt....but am never asked anymore
frown.gif

Yep Mtmiller Flipper knows, he's been there on some really good years. And if it keeps getting colder it will be another good year.

Well had a shortened trip. Got up thurs. morning 4:30 no snow started to snow around 5:30 time we go to blind 2" of snow. Wind blowing 15-20 mph. Had out about 8 doz. decoys snow was laying on them faster than we could keep it off. We scratched out 3 ducks on thurs. Went back this morning 6 degrees wind blowing 5-10 mph, got half to the blind boat motor blew up, paddled back to truck. Loaded boat up came home.
We are going to try it again next wed., if nothing happens.

Nothing like picking some of the best day's of the year to get out into the natural end of things and go hunting...What a sucky day...Maybe next time will be better..
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back