Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Leaving in a few hours ...

Calif. Hunter

I hope to get out of work early today to head on out to Carrizo Plains - a huge piece of BLM land. The coyotes are eating too many antelope fawns, so the rangers want them shot. Shucks - I guess I will "have to" help them out.

If nothing else, I will pop a few ground squirrels and jack rabbits. The extra rations left for the yotes may buy a day or two longer for some fawn to get stronger...

Have a blast.

That sounds like it will be a lot of fun Rick, hope you can score on a good number of the pesky critters.....
Show us some pics of your escapades.... :D

Calif. Hunter, this Carrizo plains area you're talking about, is it what we use to call Elk Horn valley out by Taft, Fellows, Soda dry lake etc? Way back when I hunted that area it had only a few coyotes and badgers but lots of kit fox, the hills around it had lots of cats in them. One more question, since when do the Rangers call the shots, "We want them shot". Not only do they know all about the outdoors, now they are the DFG too? lol. What ever the case, have a great time and Good Hunting.

Danny - same area. quite a few coyotes now. We blundered into two of them - big dogs with nice coats. Better looking than the mangy ones I've seen around Apple Valley and The Gorman area. We also got several ground squirrels and jack rabbits.

Wish I could claim it was anything but pure luck as far as the coyotes went - we were driving to the spot we wanted to hunt an spotted them.

It is almost all BLM land now, and the BLM ranger does pretty much call the shots! He's the law enforcement guy, F&G codes or whatever. He's the one who will cite you for a loaded gun in the car, for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back