MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Lcwf

I've been hearing a lot of discouraging words indicating that LWCF is going away
http://missoulian.com/news/local/ou...cle_822ce483-ca57-55a0-a41e-7141130e21ed.html

Yes, very discouraging at this time. One more casualty of the ineptitude the resides in the halls of DC, both Houses of Congress and the White House, and all parties and persuasions. Hunters, anglers, and those who enjoy public lands are the losers.

Anyone care to bet whether or not the $900 million in royalties collected under this program get waived? Doubt it.

This has actually been a money maker for Congress. They collect $900 million, appropriate about $250 million, then divert the other $650 million to their other friends in dark places.

Bishop and Murkowski will shed no tears when this program goes away. Bishop is probably the biggest public land/conservation/access obstructionists in my lifetime. No surprise he pals around with the Utah carnies at Big Game Forever and Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife.

Sitting in Montana, it has been good to see all three of our Congressional delegates work toward renewal. But, I guess larger scale Congressional cooperation is not feasible with an election 13 months distant.

Back