Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

late season turkey

Rooster52

My turkey season runs from april 20 - may 31.I will not be able to hunt till the last week of the season,I hope they are still answering calls.

1 thing that gripes me about Indiana's season is that it runs for less than 3 weeks.. Don't know why, since there are turkeys everywhere seems like. I will at least be around for the full season this year, since my bear hunt is scheduled for after turkey season ends..

Which state are your referring to? Last year in Nebraska where I hunted it was a super late spring. The turkeys were flocked up until a few weeks into the shotgun season and didn't respond to calls or decoys. The turkeys really didn't start dispersing from their winter flocks and grounds and hens didn't start nesting until fairly late. Once this happens thngs get a lot easier. If you are hunting public land it may be more of an issue but private land it may not matter hunting later dates. So far this spring there hasn't been a whole lot of snow like last spring so we'll see what happens.

I prefer late season. Hens are mostly nesting and any that havent leave the toms early in the am. So you end up with lots of lone toms.

Late season.... hunt in the late afternoon if the law allows. Toms are lonely. I've had much success this way.

good luck to all
the dog

hunt afternoons even early season. Again hens leave the toms mid morning to go lay and egg and at some point the tom will find itself alone. In the late afternoons they start collecting hens again while heading to roost. Afternoon is a great time if the temps dont get too hot

Usually I'll a late season bird mid to late morning. If their on the prowl and a good distance away , I'll get him gobbling and it may take a Tom 30-45 minutes to come 350 to 400 yards.

Should be a good season in Michigan.We had some really cold weather but the snow depth was never severe.From what I hear,the birds made it thru in good condition.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back