Late Season Pronghorn Trip: ADVICE

Revharvey9576

Hey guys, I have been on the site for a 2months+ and have enjoyed the pics and stories about antelope. Also appreciate the hospitality shown to me by buzz and tarheel.

A buddy and I are due to fly out next Friday the 14th for a late season hunt. We have the rifles sighted in up to 400yards + all of our research done with maps, phone calls to fish and game etc. WIll be hunting until the 21st.

Anyone have any insight or advice for the late-season. (rut over? # of hunters, # of antelope< spooky game? tactics? etc) This will be our first trip out west!Thanks for the help!:hump:

Walk away from the roads. One little hill can hide a lot of animals from the road. Also face west in the morning and east in the afternoon so the sun is at your back when you are glassing. If deer season is open in your area you may have company. I am leaving on the 21st to go out and hunt the last week because I know it will be quiet.

Good optics are very helpful. If you are going on public land the goats will have probably have been pressured by this time. Getting off of the beaten path will also help. Also, take the time to scout to find out where they may be feeding. There seems have been enough water this spring and summer to sustain some of the water holes that may not have had water previously. Hope some of that helps. Good Luck

There is a chance you might have a slight breeze blowing. Be prepared to adjust for it with your shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back