Last of the Tenderloins

Pretty sad the buffalo tenderloins are all gone, but we sure enjoyed them! Tried the reverse sear method and it turned out great.

Did you smoke it then reverse sear? I've got a deer loin left that isn't going to compare to that buff, but might try it

Did you smoke it then reverse sear? I've got a deer loin left that isn't going to compare to that buff, but might try it

I was with family/friends in Wyoming so didn't have access to a smoker. Instead, I threw it in the oven on low temp, 250, and slow cooked it for about an hour. Once the internal temp hit about 130 I pulled it out, threw it in a hot iron cast skillet with plenty butter, and seared it while basting. Let us know how it turns out.

I did something similar on my charcoal grill (no bacon, just the loin with simple seasoning). Started with indirect heat and wood chunks and then finished right over the charcoal. You won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back