Last minute decision HELP.

Bambistew... I believe we're talking about the same front and rear sight. It's whatever came stock on Knights a few years back. You mentioned them as being fiber optic and I call them Trillium sights. The rear has 2 green dots and the front is red. You're right about them being chincy... my front sight was broken when it came out of the box. The supplier made it good.
I also went the custom sight route with a 70's Lyman Great Plains .54cal I lucked into. I'm pretty sure it has a 1 in 48 inch twist. To say the factory sights are 'course' is an understatement. I installed a fine gold bead Marbles front sight (I do Blackpowder shoots and fibre optics aren't allowed) and tapped two tiny holes into the ears of the buckhorn rear sight and screwed on a Williams rear sight insert. I can take a breathtakingly fine bead now. That was impossable with the old sights.

I can see how a 1X wouldn't hurt, but for some reason I just have a hankering to give a peep a try. If I go the scope route, I'll probably opt for a red dot or holo site of some sort.

My bad, Bambistew. Somewhere in the shorted-out circuitry of the mashed potatos inside my skull, I've confused Trillium with fibre optics. Trillium is slightly radioactive and brightens when exposed to even dim sunlight. Fiber optics get dimmer as the sun gets dimmer. Some days I just can't be trusted. DD

Thanks, thats what I thought you were talking about.

I bought a fine gold bead as well, but I think for hunting the fiber is the way to go.

Only 4 more days till I leave for my hunt. Can't wait.

Back