Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Last meal…

I would take a Busch light over an IPA. I thought Minnesotans all drank Michelob golden?
I think Mich Golden has lost popularity around here the last 10 years or so. I don’t see it much anymore. Busch Light is definitely tops with my family and friends, and for good reason. It’s the best beer ever brewed. Coors Light isn’t far behind, though.

I kind of hope my last meal is Mountain House, it means I went out hunting or camping, or as they say " He went out with his boots on!"

Last meal would have to be surf and turf. Fat chuck eye, tri tip, picanna, with a couple Florida lobster tails, asparagus, and a loaded baked potato. With a damn good saison.
Thanks for the inspiration! Today’s lunch is medium rare venison loin with bacon wrapped bluegill fillets. Not pictured is the nectar of the gods, Busch latte!
1630087808657.jpeg

I'm definitely going to have to try that bacon wrapped fish.
With small thin filets like bluegill ive found its best to roll the fillets before wrapping them in bacon and grilling them on standing on end. I cut the bacon in lengths just long enough to overlap the ends and put a toothpick through them. A little bit of spice offsets the sweetness of the bluegill and the bacon very nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back