Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Last day of hunting this week

Idaho Ron

Today the wind was bad, but we did ok.
I hunted Gretta for her first time this year. She has been off because of a torn ACL from last year. She did very well for the time she hunted. We shot 5 birds over her and she smoked them. Poor birds never had a chance. Jacob wing shot this bird. He is big enough now he is able to get it together. I think for a 12 year old he is doing very well. he has shot 6 chukar, 1 sage hen, and a blue grouse so far this year.
452688-big.jpg

452687-big.jpg

Well after lunch we got out Hildie. She has never had to deal with wind from the wrong direction. The birds were flushing wild a couple of hundred yards ahead of us. From the tracks it looked like someone had hunted this spot yesterday.
Well we hunted for a while and headed back. On the way back she pointed a single. I thought she was pointing a rat and didn't have a gun ready. Then she pointed again.
452690-big.jpg

This time Jacob was ready and I held off to let him get it. The bird was hit in the back hard but went over the cliff. We get up there and I see I can get down. Hildie went with me and I cast her. After a couple of nice "overs" she went to the area I thought the bird should be in and found it.
452692-big.jpg

Jacob did somethig today I have wanted to do for a long time. I have wanted to shoot birds over both dogs in one day. Jacob beat me to it. In all it was a good weekend. Ron

Don't ya just love pointers!

I went out looking for partridge over my english pointer Saturday. No huns, but got a bonus rooster.

Nice pics!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back