Last blue grouse hunt of the year?

Idaho Ron

This weekend could be the last blue grouse hunt of the year. Jacob and I went to a spot that I normally hunt in September. All the news I was hearing was not good for blues. This spot was good to say the least. We should have both had limits. Gretta had several points, and we even got some birds, Buzz even got in the action. We were going to have a pot luck that night so we took grouse. I am sure this will be our last hunt for them. After this we will be hitting Chukar hard.
Ron
330152.jpg

330154.jpg

I have a couple of SxS guns. I have a stevens 311 16 ga. and the one in the picture is a Browning BSS 20 ga my wife got me for christmas. The Browning was a awsome deal. The gun would not shoot the second barrel. I knew the man that owned it and I knew it was not a big deal. I tried to talk everyone I knew into getting the gun. My wife got it for 250.00 bucks. She told the store that had it she knew it would not shoot and she would not give a dime more tan 250. She got it and I cleaned the trigger with carberator cleaner. The gun shoot like a charm. I won a SxS contest at a local sporting clays event one year. I gave the gun to my son as a present for his first year of hunting. The value of the gun now is 800.00 +. Some day if he takes good care of it he should be able to give it to his son. Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back