Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Las Vegas area wildlife

targetpanic

I know a lot of you guys get stuck going to Vegas every year for SCI or SHOT show etc. We go every year in early Feb. for The Vegas Shoot (archery tournament). Every year We take a day to go someplace different (Red Rock Canyon, zip lines at bootleg canyon, hoover dam, Sky walk at Grand Canyon, Valley of fire etc.) in all those trips I think we've seen 1 small group of desert bighorn ewes in valley of fire. Are there any good spots to go and have a decent chance of seeing some mule deer or desert bighorn rams or antelope???? Looking to do something different this year, maybe around Lake Mead area.
Thanks! PMs are fine too if you don't want to post here.

Take a drive up to Mt. Charleston. Not sure what odds you would have on seeing wildlife that time of year would be though.

You could probably get some skiing on the next mountain over, 50 minutes from the strip to skiing - http://www.leecanyonlv.com/the-mountain/trail-area-maps

I've read that you can see bighorns at Red Rock and I look every time I go but haven't ever seen any.

Mule deer are unlikely to be seen though there are some nice bucks in the Spring Mtns. Antelope are non-existent near Vegas.
Bighorn are a different story. They can easily be seen at the Hemenway Park in Boulder City. I also see them quite often just out of town east of Mtn. Springs heading towards Pahrump NV.

hemenway-park.jpgth (5).jpg

Thanks for the responses guys! And I knew I would get at least one response about 2 legged wildlife that abounds in Vegas!!!

Take a boat out on Mead. Head east out of the Vegas basin. Beautiful and quiet that direction. You'll see some wildlife come down to the water in the evening. Good fishing too. Really neat diving as well if you're into that.

Back