MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Large rifle primer options

huntin24/7

Since I’m kind of getting tired of waiting for fed 210m primers to start loading for my new 6.5 prc, I’m wondering if you guys that have used the different primer options see much difference in quality between fed 210m, 210, cci br2, and cci 200. I’m not really wanting to hold out a lot longer. I’m already signed up for notifications everywhere. Thanks.

Quit worrying about $0.10 and go buy a brick on gunbroker. You can get a brick of Fed 210's for $210 delivered.
Never even thought about that. I’ll have to look into it. Is there much of any difference among these different primers as far as cold weather performance?

They're different for sure, close but different from I read. I had winchester primers and sold them without using any. I use fed 215 exclusively. Guys do like the CCI brand.

Since I’m kind of getting tired of waiting for fed 210m primers to start loading for my new 6.5 prc, I’m wondering if you guys that have used the different primer options see much difference in quality between fed 210m, 210, cci br2, and cci 200. I’m not really wanting to hold out a lot longer. I’m already signed up for notifications everywhere. Thanks.
CCI BR2 especially with Hodgdon Powder

I bought a 6.5prc in Nov 2021, no primers anywhere then. Gave up waiting after a couple months and bought some from an estate auction. 1100 for $100 seemed good for the desperate times. They are Winchester and I haven’t looked up the lot number, but based on the white box they are 90s at the newest. I don’t shoot competitively but very happy with them. A long winded way to say, don't be picky, get what you can get.
D482753C-07D1-496B-8CCD-B8B4C3042ECC.jpeg

I like BR2s, but a lot of guys like to use Federal LP Match Primers (even when Match LR primers are available). Of course, they are shorter. That is not really a problem for what we shoot, but some folks crimp them in over a business card which gives them the correct depth and also cools the flash a little. Generally, that is a good thing. Might be the next great thing for you modern lads...

Back