Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Large land purchase from BLM gives Hunters and Outdoor Enthusiasts more room to roam

Gov. Gordon playing politics. Hopefully Wyoming sees through it

To steal a line from @Greenhorn , if you gave our Governor one good smack in the back of the head at least 5-6 special interest wieners would come popping out of his mouth at any given time. Since when has our State conservative party given two chits about conducting an EIA?!? How long before some out of state billionaire buys this property for his own personal tax write off, who just so happens to be a political campaign donor.

Looks like the purchase has already occurred? Up for discussion is how the land will be managed?
I will admit that Cowboy State Daily is the most unreliable source of information in Wyoming, which is where my uncertaintly comes from.

The document seems pretty clear that the two WY counties involved will have reduced income due to this acquisition, contrary to what Randy and others have stated. This is because those two counties are already maxed out PILT payments.

"Because of population constraints factored into annual PILT calculations, additional land acquisitions do not merit increased PILTs beyond a certain per capita amount for areas like Carbon and Natrona Counties..."

However, the amount of money is barely worth mentioning.

"...$10,000 in property taxes for the area—0.001 percent of total property taxes levied in Natrona County in 2022..."

https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/2018049/570

So the Governor is asking us to write in support of limited livestock grazing and enhanced wildlife habitat. Got it will send in my suggestions.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back