PEAX Equipment

Laramie Whitetails

R

rwc101

Is it just me or has the whitetail population around Laramie increased quite a bit over the past few years?

Haven't lived there in a few years, but I used to see a lot of them on the river from the loves truck stop down to the old pen. I almost ran into one on the pathway jogging one time.

Last edited:
I remember reading an article in the paper years back that said there was a 190 inch whitetail shot in Albany County in the 1980's. I thought at the time that was pretty interesting.

I've seen plenty of them IN the city of Laramie. Even helped out a young lady a year back who nailed one on Snowy Range Blvd and flattened the front end of her SUV in the process. Threw out some road flares to help direct traffic around her vehicle since it was a very dark stretch, and dragged the deer to the side of the road. (Unfortunately still alive but mortally wounded, and a coup de grace on a game animal can still technically be considered poaching, otherwise I would have put it out of its misery)

They've been here a while and not hunted a whole lot until the Type 3 tags came about.

The lander area is the same way. The whitetail population has exploded in the last few years.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back