LaPierre and NRA in news again

LaSportsman

Just posted on Wall Street Journal. NRA and Ackerman Queen have differing views on the purchase. No matter who did what it doesn't look like it was in best interest of NRA members or the NRA mission.

I subscribe to WSJ so this may be a paid article that requires login.

The NRA is a dumpster fire. You can bet that all these improprieties are just the tip of the iceberg.

the nra may not be perfect but the fact they keep making the "fake news" shows how much the libs fear them.

could be . probly are . but libs fear them so they can't be all bad.
Have you done any research on their current issues? Or are you simply a blind sheep that votes red because ‘Merica!

I don’t think the libs fear the NRA, but I do believe most people are starting to see through the bullshit, and they are going to go down hard.

Have you done any research on their current issues? Or are you simply a blind sheep that votes red because ‘Merica!

I don’t think the libs fear the NRA, but I do believe most people are starting to see through the bullshit, and they are going to go down hard.
I vote red because blue embraces all evil.

NRA will be around long after we are. sure they have problems . I don't look to the media for truth of what they are.
IF NRA falls , so will this nation.
of coarse that is exactly what democrats want.

The NRA isn't the only organization out there working to defend the 2A, and if they do continue to shoot themselves in the feet, the vacuum will be filled by another. I'll not have blind allegiance to a corrupt association. They'll either get their house in order, be accountable and make a change in leadership, or they will be replaced, it's that simple, but they can't continue on their current track.

It not the non members I am worried about. A good portion of the membership are hoodwinked into believing the at the NRA is their only option and salvation.

I vote red because blue embraces all evil.

NRA will be around long after we are. sure they have problems . I don't look to the media for truth of what they are.
IF NRA falls , so will this nation.
of coarse that is exactly what democrats want.

You can take these adolescent labels, with which you've littered this thread, to some other part of Al Gore's internet.

I don't look to the media for the truth of what they are, either. I pick up the phone and call folks in the know. I have friends on the inside and the NRA problems are worse than we are hearing about. The person who was most feared at the NRA, Chris Cox, is no longer there; he got shown the door this summer. And the folks you want to tag/label have nothing to do with the graft that has occurred and the new level of ineptitude we will see from the remnants at the NRA.

With the 2020 election likely resulting in a change of the Senate and possibly the White House, a strong 2A organization would be a good counter balance for what might be ahead. Facing what might be some of the most trying times for the 2A, we who have sent money and support for the cause of 2A are left with a neutered organization, with such impotence the result of bickering, infighting, quest for power, and lack of oversight. Blame that on the others all you want, but the fact is that Wayne LaPierre and an enabling Board of Directors/Executive Committee have this stinking mess as their legacy.

FWIW, I'm an Endowment Life member of the NRA and it pisses me off to see money squandered and the cause of the 2A derailed by people who succumb to one of the common human flaws; self-serving greed.

Last edited:
You can take these adolescent labels with which you've littered this thread, to some other part of Al Gore's internet.

I don't look to the media for the truth of what they are, either. I pick up the phone and call folks in the know. I have friends on the inside and the NRA problems are worse than we are hearing about. The person who was most feared at the NRA, Chris Cox, is no longer there; he got shown the door this summer. And the folks you want to tag/label have nothing to do with the graft that has occurred and the new level of ineptitude we will see from the remnants at the NRA.

With the 2020 election likely resulting in a change of the Senate and possibly the White House, a strong 2A organization would be a good counter balance for what might be ahead. Facing what might be some of the most trying times for the 2A, we who have sent money and support for the cause of 2A are left with a neutered organization, with such impotence the result of bickering, infighting, quest for power, and lack of oversight. Blame that on the others all you want, but the fact is that Wayne LaPierre and an enabling Board of Directors/Executive Committee have this stinking mess as their legacy.

FWIW, I'm an Endowment Life member of the NRA and it pisses me off to see money squandered and the cause of the 2A derailed by people who succumb to one of the common human flaws; self-serving greed.

I'm a Life Member and see it just the same. All signs point to a complete, utter implosion of the organization I joined when I could barely afford the annual membership fee, but committed to because I believed so much in what they were doing. It's so disheartening to see what's happening.

The only thing odd here to me is there is just so much dirt and wrong doing. Are we sure this is all true? Its totally crazy. How does Wayne keep his job??? He needs to go!

The only thing odd here to me is there is just so much dirt and wrong doing. Are we sure this is all true? Its totally crazy. How does Wayne keep his job??? He needs to go!

The fact that he refuses to recognize that regardless of how much truth is in the allegations, him staying in his current position is hurting the organization says all that needs to be said about him.

The fact that he refuses to recognize that regardless of how much truth is in the allegations, him staying in his current position is hurting the organization says all that needs to be said about him.

NRA is a grease fire that betrayed the blind trust of the American people. Disappointing

What would lead someone to believe it is not true?

When pensions are frozen, financial statement footnotes show huge amounts advanced on lines of credit and organization assets pledged as collateral, it is a pretty good indicator that things are not well. Add to that the public record of lawsuits filed with/by vendors/contractors, #2 man in the organization removed, Board President removed and incoming Board President declining the position and leaving the Board, large industry donors moving their 2A contributions/donations elsewhere, anti-2A folks feeling empowered and seeing blood in the water, former employees confirming what has been reported, only defenders of the status quo being the Board/Exec Committee members who have a NRA money stream teat in their mouth, etc.

Not sure what more is needed to confirm that something is afoul.

I support the NRA in general because they are still the most effective tool we have to protect the 2A. I do condemn the reported corruption which a) wastes money and b) squanders their reputation and influence. Like I said, I support them but it’s time to get this issue put to bed-immediately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back