Landscapes (pics)

Straight Arrow, any antelope up on the ridge road that day - pretty cool to see 'em @ 9500'?? Love that spot when the flowers are abloom - and THE MOSQUITOS!
Across the big Ruby Valley and over on the divide between Rock and Robb Creeks, you can see antelope at 9000 some feet and in the same view mtn. goats just above 'em.
Gravellies, the Ruby, The Snowcrests - some awesome (not the dude definition) country indeed.

Straight Arrow, any antelope up on the ridge road that day - pretty cool to see 'em @ 9500'?? Love that spot when the flowers are abloom - and THE MOSQUITOS!
Across the big Ruby Valley and over on the divide between Rock and Robb Creeks, you can see antelope at 9000 some feet and in the same view mtn. goats just above 'em.
Gravellies, the Ruby, The Snowcrests - some awesome (not the dude definition) country indeed.
Yes; just prior to taking that photo we saw antelope at well over 9000 ft. I love antelope ... to watch em, photo em, shoot em, and eat em ... but my wife just read a book on antelope studies and she's really fascinated by them. In fact, early trips this summer have been specifically planned to spot new antelope fawns. (BTW, I'm not going to tell her that the antelope meat that she really favors, which I hope to put in the freezer this fall, was once a fawn. :D )

We camped just south of Black Butte and enjoyed(?) humonguous mosquitos!

Chasing swift fox yesterday evening.
48571919007_1a8c3389ef_k.jpg

Yes; just prior to taking that photo we saw antelope at well over 9000 ft. I love antelope ... to watch em, photo em, shoot em, and eat em ... but my wife just read a book on antelope studies and she's really fascinated by them. In fact, early trips this summer have been specifically planned to spot new antelope fawns. (BTW, I'm not going to tell her that the antelope meat that she really favors, which I hope to put in the freezer this fall, was once a fawn. :D )

The mosquitoes are bad up there this year. It’s the wettest that I’ve seen it this late in the year. I guess that’s a good thing. You probably got a good view down into the country that the Monument Ridge Fire burned.

Not too far from where you camped is a nice little gem.......

tandn.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back