Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Lab puppies available

Hess6911

I have 5 lap puppies available, in Idaho. They are 5 weeks this weekend. Charcoals and silvers. Both parents are akc registered. 3 males(2 charcoal 1 silver) and 2 females (1charcoal and 1 silver)
Pm for any questions

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3119.jpeg
    IMG_3119.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
Also might be worth noting they will be socialized with small children as I have 6 all lovingly taking care of the pups

They’re pretty cute! Actually have 2 litters at home right now double doodles and these guys

Silvers are spoken for but got 3 beautiful charcoals available still

Attachments

• IMG_3142.png
    IMG_3142.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3143.png
    IMG_3143.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3144.png
    IMG_3144.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 18
My vet said to wait till 2. So the female is too young she’s 1 1/2 and I am getting the dad tested. Once work slows down and I’m not out of town all week everyweek

And for the silver and not meeting standards. Charcoals are recognized as black labs and registered as black. Silvers are a dilute from chocolate and are registered as such. We can go back and forth on whether or not silver and charcoal are pure bred. But at the end of the day akc allows for those colors to be registered so someone that knows genetics more than both of us deemed them genetically pure breed.

My vet said to wait till 2. So the female is too young she’s 1 1/2 and I am getting the dad tested. Once work slows down and I’m not out of town all week everyweek

And for the silver and not meeting standards. Charcoals are recognized as black labs and registered as black. Silvers are a dilute from chocolate and are registered as such. We can go back and forth on whether or not silver and charcoal are pure bred. But at the end of the day akc allows for those colors to be registered so someone that knows genetics more than both of us deemed them genetically pure breed.
So your selling puppies with no health clearances.

in terms of potential genetic problems...hip displasia, EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse), etc.

Age is irrelevant for genetic testing of parents prior to breeding.

Age is irrelevant for genetic testing of parents prior to breeding.
The breeder I purchased my silver female from is a vet from Oregon and my local vet I take my animals too regularly, both stated to wait till 2. They put the animal under and will check every. I feel like I can take the advice from licensed vets stating the same thing over someone trolling. Both my animals have came from very reputable breeders, and have visited my vet frequently enough I have very little concerns.

You bred a female at 1.5 years old? Shame on you
If waiting longer than when most breeders I know begin breeding (1year old) makes you upset. then I suggest maybe never owning a registered dog?

Genetic tests can be done very early on pups. Even pre-weening, if you take precautions to not nurse the pup for a period of time prior to the testing. The genetic testing is a DNA test. Things like hips and elbows are more developmental, and require the puppy to reach maturity (2yo). Although the pennhip test that is becoming more prevalent can be performed much sooner than 2 years.

For me, aside from the charcoal and silver lab debate, there are lots of red flags popping up here.

If waiting longer than when most breeders I know begin breeding (1year old) makes you upset. then I suggest maybe never owning a registered dog?
Most breeders you know? Clearly you are in the wrong group of breeders than. Responsible and ethical breeders get their sire/dam tested for genetic disorders pertaining to their breed AND get them OFA certified for hips and elbows if they are a sporting/working class dog. Since you can't submit the tests to OFA until 2 years of age, that basically means you can't breed the dog until 2. It is however common that since the 2nd heat cycle (you NEVER breed a dog on their first heat cycle) can occur right before 2 years old, you can do a pre-evaluation to see how the results are and apply for the OFA certification after the litter is born and the dog is now 2 years old. Its a small risk but its pretty common to occur and I wouldn't "red flag" a breeder for doing it. We chose to be responsible and breed our dogs on their 3rd heat cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back