KUIU... the new chit....I guess...

Has anybody outside of Kuiu used their products to back up your claims? Sure it's cheaper, but calling it better before it hits the market?

Hey Ernie

Looks like they made it a few notches cheaper. On average it looks about 40% cheaper than Sitka’s 2011 line. Better design, Higher quality fabrics, Made in North America. If you’ve read any of Jason Hairston’s posts he doesn’t have an ego, he’s a class act. He response to almost every post and values everyone input. Kuiu’s business model cuts out the middle man to provide the consumer wholesale pricing. His fabrics are cutting edge, not 30 year old technology like GORE. If you have questions about the camo pattern wait until you see it in the field.

http://kuiu.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/kuius-pricing-structure/

Jason Widaman

Hasn't Bartlett (Pristine Adventures or something like that) used/reviewed some of their stuff? That's the only recollection I have of anyone using the stuff.

Has anybody outside of Kuiu used their products to back up your claims? Sure it's cheaper, but calling it better before it hits the market?

Bunch of outstanding claims from people who got a bunch of free chit? :D

I would agree the jury is far from reporting on this stuff.

Has anyone seen a link where we can actually order the stuff and find out for ourselves??? I was shocked his prices are as low as they are. Not the sticker shock I was expecting.

Hasn't Bartlett (Pristine Adventures or something like that) used/reviewed some of their stuff? That's the only recollection I have of anyone using the stuff.

I seen that Bartlett has some guys up from Kryptex? up for a moose float. Not knocking moose floats, but it ain't exactly mountain hunting..

I like the idea of a pack 5lbs. lighter than my MR. I also like the "wholesale" pricing as it makes sense with the proliferation of the internet. Looks like plenty of product research has gone into each item.

The downside to wholesale is that I can't go to a store and check the stuff out, and there isn't a snowball's chance I'll drop $500 on a pack without seeing it or without it having been proven by guys I trust. Maybe Let the Carbon Fly should send me a few things to review for Hunttalkers. :D

I have no affiliation with Kuiu, I’ve just followed the blog as Jason Hairston has opened the door to give you a behinds the scenes look at his development of the gear and welcomed input on all aspects of the products. He’s provided the technical details on the fabrics and pack frame and explained why he selected them. Take a look at the Kuiu blog and see all the R&D that Jason Hairston has done.

By taking the retailers out of the equation they are making ultralight hunting gear a lot more affordable than other companies. Merchandise will be available online in March. I’m excited for it to hit the market so people can put their hands on it and see it for themselves.

I had the opportunity to test some of their gear last November on a backpack deer hunt and was very impressed with the weight, material and fit. I had to return the gear after my hunt, So no free “chit” for me.

Blog:
http://kuiu.wordpress.com/
Webpage:
http://www.kuiu.com/

Jason Widaman

This thread is staring to sound like an infomercial. I did look at the stuff online and it looks good. Now i just have to wait for everyone and their brother to start wearing it on TV before I make my decision on it.

Flannel Shirts are coming back, save your money. John

DStud-

That is awesome, I actually bought a green plaid flannel shirt at the hardware store last year to wear deer hunting, to tease my buddies who seem to buy a new fancy top every year. Of course I had to cover it up with my organge jacket so, it didn't really matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPN
Back