Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kuiu Attack Pants

Flatlander3

I just got my Kuiu attack pants delivered today, and they are alot thinner than what i anticipated. Alot of folks said they will wear them in colder weather but how cold exactly. I feel with even a base layer, they will be cold in 30 degree weather.

It really depends on your comfort zone in cold weather. I use them in all conditions, hot (archery) and cold (late season rifle) and they work for me. Best pair of pants I have ever owned. I only say that, because I have a tough time spending that much on pants … I have three pair in the various camo patterns.

The zippered thigh vents are also a nice feature. Seems to get the air to flow in that area.

Good to know they are good to around 10 degrees with a base layer, because man are they thin. Hopefully as wind resistant as others have said in the past. Just seems like such little amount of material for 140$...Now just gotta put them to use

I hunted in them quite a bit last winter, with temps usually in the 20s. I always had on a light (145) merino base layer underneath, and was pretty comfortable except when sitting and glassing for more than an hour. After about an hour, I’d start to get cold, and it was time to get up and start moving again. With puffy pants underneath, they’d be fine for an all day sit.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back