Yeti GOBOX Collection

KS camping

C_Dick_Run

Hey all, looking to get some insight from KS residents or other NR hunters. I'm heading to Kansas for an archery deer hunt Nov 4-11, looking for a spot to set up my tent to camp. Going into this totally blind having never set foot in the state, just wanted to try something new before I get too old. With Kansas having little public land, are camping options mainly limited to the state parks around the reservoirs? I will be in the North-central part of the state, units 3/7. If I wanted to get a hotel for a few nights, what's the likelihood of there being some openings without a reservation? I believe the pheasant opener is on the 11th so I would imagine things are pretty booked once that season starts?

There are cabins at state parks available for reservation as well as tent camping.

https://ksoutdoors.com/State-Parks/Reservations,

or use these guys directly:

I’ve stayed in Wakeeny at a hotel where there were goose and pheasant feathers strewn about the hallway, and when I told the front desk person that I was bringing in a cased rifle and shotgun, she replied “you and everyone else staying here tonight”.

The breakfast meal was nearly unattended as almost the entire hotel left way before the kitchen opened.

There is a KOA in Salina which might be ok for you if you are staying easterly in your zones.

It used to be acceptable to sleep in your car in Walmart parking lots, but our local lots are no longer allowing such activities.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back