Kodiak 2016

Nice job, Ed. Your pics make me want to go back. That bigger buck is a fatty.

Great pictures, man I'd love to go to Kodiak one day!

Good grief that looks like fun. They're such a cool looking animal.

Congrats!

Wow! Those are some nice bucks. Congratulations! Looks like you had some nice weather too. I'll be up there in November for deer. How did the deer numbers look?

First of all, congrats on surviving the elements on Kodiak. When I saw the second photo in this post I said to myself I've been there. I dug through my photos and found a nearly identical photo. My first trip to Kodiak was Sept. 1996 and me and two buddies camped at the same lake and hunted the same ridge as you. We had a great trip as well. Once again, congrats on some great bucks! Hope you got some fishing in.

Wow! Those are some nice bucks. Congratulations! Looks like you had some nice weather too. I'll be up there in November for deer. How did the deer numbers look?

We did have some great weather... and some not so great weather. We spent 3 1/2 days in the tent because of wind and rain. When the weather was nice, we killed deer and the cameras came out. When we got picked up, our pilot told us that the wind was supposed to blow 100 mph later that day. Deer numbers are the best I've seen.... this was my 4th trip. You better go now, you never know when a bad winter will reduce the numbers and tag prices are double next year. Ed F

Great pictures and nice bucks. Would like to hunt deer on Kodiak one day, but the weather can be rough on schedules.

Thanks for sharing and congrats. Glad to hear the numbers are up, the south end of the Island didn't take as much of a hit as further north. The last couple winters have been extreamly mild, last year I'm not sure they even had snow down to the beach for more than a few weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back