Yeti GOBOX Collection

Know what to look for

Very well put 1_pointer. I happen to agree with Ithaca on the basics of alot of issues but he does make it hard though.
biggrin.gif

I have very carefully read over all of the debate and this is a very informitive one...

Very well put Tyler!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Pointer good post, especially this part, "We, as those interested in NR management, must recognize and strike a balance between the environmental, economical, and social values inherent to a system to properly manage it for the long-term benefit to us and the system."

The only problem I see is that most of the time the "ECONOMICAL" takes way higher priority over the social and environmental values because of politics. Sound science and doing whats right isnt on the agenda of many politicians who, unfortunately, set policy and make demands of Land Managers based on agendas and who contributed the most to their campaign.

I still believe, like you, that there is a happy balance out there, but achieving it may not be possible. I've come to the conclusion that there are no, or damn few, politicians that have the balls to do whats right, in regards to Resource Management. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great post Buzz!!! Thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back