Klamath Falls, OR

Fire_9

Thinking about applying for a job in Klamath Falls but don't know a whole lot about the area. Anyone on here live there or spent much time there? I would be moving from Eastern Montana so I know the hunting won't be as good but is there any decent hunting opportunity there? Any good fishing? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Waterfowl hunting is great..Klamath Lake and surrounding areas..blacktail in the west mulies to the east.

Great waterfowl hunting. Big game hunting is fair........economy is not great. Lots of farming, so lots of migrant workers. Cold in the winter. A fair amount of recreation within an hour drive.

Thanks for the input. I haven't done much waterfowl hunting since I moved to Montana but I used to do a lot of it in Washington. I agree that MT is probably better than OR but it's kind of hard for me to find work in MT. If I moved to Klamath Falls it would be a stepping stone to get to either Bend or Sandpoint, ID

I was born and raised there, moved to MT last fall. Feel free to PM me any questions you have and I'll answer them for you the best I can. It's a great place depending on what you're after.

Born and raised in the Rogue Valley, so just over the hill from K Falls. If we had to move back to OR from Montana, that's one of the areas I would consider. Some of the better hunting in OR there or within a reasonable drive, and a decent variety of options for hunting opportunities. There's some cool country over there. You could certainly do worse than Klamath Falls.

I hunted there in the past,20 yrs ago . Was good for birds & deer. Fishing.
Nice country.

Send me a pm if you end up there. My nephew will be moving back to the Midwest from there in about a year and he could help fill you in on things in the area. Mostly great waterfowl hunting . He has shot a couple small blacktails there but travels for elk and has good luck locating them just hasn't figured out how to bring one home yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back