kimber rifles

zfountaine55

Thinking if purchasing a new Kimber rifle and was curious who has experience with them and what opinions you have. They look great fit and finish wise, but i am more interested in how they shoot/hold up. thanks in advance!

I have the classic in 300 mag and have no complaints whatsover. Light, balanced, recoil friendly, and accurate.

....and, as you said, easy on the eyes.

I have an 84M Montana in .308.

It is my favorite rifle (out of about 7 or 8) by a long shot. The thing is just plain awesome. Soooo nice to carry.

Not everybody feels the same way. I hear accuracy can be hit or miss with Kimbers, but mine shoots well.

I have an 84M Montana in .308.

It is my favorite rifle (out of about 7 or 8) by a long shot. The thing is just plain awesome. Soooo nice to carry.

Not everybody feels the same way. I hear accuracy can be hit or miss with Kimbers, but mine shoots well.

If you ever wanna borrow that out let me know. :D

I've had a 84m in .260 on my wish list for years. They're about as common as unicorns now, so I think it'll be a .308 when I finally get around to getting one. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

If you ever wanna borrow that out let me know. :D

I've had a 84m in .260 on my wish list for years. They're about as common as unicorns now, so I think it'll be a .308 when I finally get around to getting one. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

If you ever want to buy a rifle let me know. I'll lend you my .308 and after a day of carrying it, you'll be going to the store to get one of your own ;)

I'm shooting a Kimber 8400 Montana with a synthetic stock in 300 WSM. It's refined, light and shoots well. I love it and I abuse the hell out of it and it holds up to a beating.

I have a Kimber Montana 8400 300wsm with Kevelar stock and it is by far my favorite rifle. I have had the gun for 5 or 6 years and it has been through hell and back and I have yet to have a problem with it.

CABugle

I had one. It didnt shoot or feed well but it was a WSM too. I loved the stock and feel of the gun but I spent a lot of time trying to get it to shoot a group I was happy with but could not get that. After sending it back to Kimber, bedding it, and spending way too much time on it I sold it and bought the Sako 85 finlite. The Sako beats the Kimber in every aspect IMO except for that stock. The money I spent shooting and playing with the Kimber would have paid the difference in the price of the Sako 85 and then some. One day I will put a Mcmillan or HS stock on that Sako and it will be the light gun of my dreams

I've read plenty of negative stuff about the Kimbers and know about Hill Country Accurizing's refusal to accurize them. I even own a couple synthetic/stainless Sakos...and Pat is right, they are dependably accurate, smooth action/crisp trigger, and rugged...but there's something about the feel and look of the walnut/blued classic. Bought mine used and had a very respected local gunsmith remove a tight ring base. He had to heat it so he removed the stock. While he had it dissassembled he made the remark that Kimber was as close to a custom as any production rifle he had worked on. A nice factory broad bladed crisp trigger...and one of schmalt's milled titanium bolt handles to finish it off.

I'm shooting a Kimber 8400 Montana with a synthetic stock in 300 WSM. It's refined, light and shoots well. I love it and I abuse the hell out of it and it holds up to a beating.

If you used it as a rifle and not a club, it would serve you better! LOL!

I have a Kimber Montana in .308. Great gun! I'm a bow hunter through and through, never killed anything with it but my kids and a few other lucky SOB's have and all agree it is awesome! I just had to have it because it is a Kimber! :)

If you used it as a rifle and not a club, it would serve you better! LOL!

I have a Kimber Montana in .308. Great gun! I'm a bow hunter through and through, never killed anything with it but my kids and a few other lucky SOB's have and all agree it is awesome! I just had to have it because it is a Kimber! :)

How did you know about that? Hehehe....seriously who rat'd me out? Huh? Huh? I swear on everything holy!! Just kiddin' ya!!:D

The Kimbers seem to be nice guns. The ones I've worked on have been for feeding problems with the wsm
cartridges. Accuracy on the ones I've test fired have all been 1.25 inches or less.

I've heard to many wide ranging stories on accuracy and feeding problems with the Kimber to trust buying one. But those that I have handled, felt very nice.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back