Kimber Montana 300 wsm for sale

Melman

I have a very nice used Kimber Montana in 300 wsm for sale. the gun looks new and is in very good condition. The only flaw that I can see is a small mark on the under side of the barrel. I don't know how it shoots because I've never shot it. I bought it 3 weeks ago and have to sell it because I just bought a new Howa Alpine Mt rifle. I have lots of pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $950 I don't cant do flickr here at work so i'll try to attatch a photo and see how it goes. I'm in the St Louis Missouri area or can ship.Kimber.jpg

Great looking rifle. I'd be tempted if my safe wasn't already overflowing into a 2nd safe; which is already full! Which, is not a bad thing.

These rifles are awesomely light weight and from what I've read, shoot very well. They carry even better with being about 5.5# and sporting a 22" or 24" barrel. Would be around 6.5# after mounting a new Leupold VX 3i either 2.5-8 or 3.5-10; maybe with CDS. Somebody should jump on this.... quickly! :)

I was looking hard for a Kimber Montana in .308 and came across this one and couldn't afford not to buy it even though I wanted the lighter in weight .308. This 300wsm is right at 6lbs 2 oz on my scale with a 24" barrel. Fortunately and unfortunately last Friday I stumbled upon the Howa Alpine in .308 on gunbroker that I had been searching for and had to buy it. That purchase made rifle #3 in the last 2 months. so I'm going to try to unload this Kimber. Its a very nice gun, comes with the Kimber bases that work with Leupold rings. the trigger is very nice and crisp. If I cant sell it I wont be heartbroken since it will be a super nice gun to have. it looks like it was used very little.

Awesome platform for an awesome round IMO. Wish you could keep it....coz you're gonna wish you had.

Whatever you do, don't shoot it. I had one of those moments where I figured it wouldn't hurt to make what I thought was a low-ball bid on a Kimber Montana (in 325wsm) at an estate auction. Next think I knew I owned a gun that I didn't think I could justify, but I decided to just try one box of bullets. I thought it would kick like a mule and wouldn't be very accurate. Both assumptions were dead wrong and now I can't give it up. Its time to start planning some hunts that will justify owning it.

One piece of advice I learned along time ago" buy guns, don't sell them" you'll regret it forever......

One piece of advice I learned along time ago" buy guns, don't sell them" you'll regret it forever......

I agree with you. I put it on gunbroker this weekend and already hope it doesn't sell. Its just too nice of a gun and I got it for a steal, only paid $825 for it!

Seems I can never find the buyer that's as hot for what I'm selling as I was when I purchased it. 825 sounds like a keeper if it shoots.

Looks an awful lot like a Howa Alpine mountain I saw in another thread haha

HA, yes it does. speaking of the Howa. I got the new cerakoted floorplate and a hat from Matt at Legacy sports yesterday. was nice to see they value their customers at LSI.

Seems I can never find the buyer that's as hot for what I'm selling as I was when I purchased it. 825 sounds like a keeper if it shoots.

I agree, unfortunately the Howa Alpine I bought also required a scope and rings and this Kimber will need optics as well. pretty soon $825 becomes well over $1000 and the wife doesn't understand the necessity of a 300wsm when I have 7 other rifles in the safe. in her defense, she did say "keep it" so I have that going for me

I forgot to take a picture of it with the Leupold VX-IIIi 4-14x scope on it from Schmalts, but did manage to get it sighted in this week finally. It seems to like the lighter bullets over the 180's but I think it is going to work. Just under 1" if I'm measuring it correctly. Better group than anything I've ever gotten out of my 7mm Rem Mag Browning A-Bolt and according to the scale this setup is right at 2 pounds lighter! 7 lbs 6 oz with the scope mounted.

IMG_6682.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back