MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Kids for antelope

tsswitchback

Hoping to take my kids to Wyoming on an antelope hunt this fall,2014.They will be 12 and 14 years old and have been wanting to come out west for years.
My question,I need advice on an unit that will be almost a sure thing on drawing a tag.I have hunted unit 50 before,would this be a good pick.
Not looking for trophy sized animals just a chance for a shot.Any advice will be helpful.

Wyoming is one of the few states that provides accurate draw statistics. You can carve through them and see which hunts have 100% draw odds.

To find units with 100% drawing, you are probably looking somewhere east of I-25. With that comes less public land, but still enough in those units to have a good time and have chances to fill your tags. One option might be to apply for a more cherished unit as a first choice and one of the eastern WY units as your second choice. Never know when you might get lucky in the random draw.

Good luck.

You can also get doe tags for all kinds of units for a little less money. You can get a few of those for each of your kids and have a low pressure and extremely fun experience.

Back