Kid Packs

6speed

Last year I started packing my kid in an old pack someone gave me. It didn't take long to figure out that if I wanted to pack her someplace other than through a grocery store I needed something better. I did a lot of looking around and after looking at packs, reading reviews and setting my own requirements I picked out a great pack. Its the Deuter Kid Comfort 2. It is very comfortable, the shoulder strap height is adjustable for different torso lengths, it has a great padded waist belt, is set up for a hydration bladder and the kid seat is more like a flat bottomed chair than a saddle. I have put a few miles on with this pack loaded, with my daughter, hydration and gear in the decent sized cargo pockets, and I have to admit it is one of the most comfortable packs I have used. Its rated to hold about a 50 pound kid and I think the wearer would breakdown before the pack ever would. They make 3 versions of the pack the difference is the amount of storage. If you are looking for a good way to get in shape for the season and have a kid its a great way to go. My daughter likes playing in the pack even when it's just sitting on the floor. I need to figure out a way to attach a scabbard to it and it would be perfect.

I have been using my nimrod pack with the fold out pack frame for the very same thing. Works awesome, and it is always more fun having the little ones along.

The answer to all pack questions is the same. Mystery Ranch.
Pretty soon THIS is the only way wyodeerhunter will get to use his.. :D

97398822.jpg

Photo pirated from user salmotrutta on 24hrcampfire.

Perfect timing for this thread.

I was just talking to my wife about getting a pack like this to take out and hike around with my 15 month old daughter. Seems like they have some packs that are reasonably priced on Amazon. I am going to have pick one out and get it set up for the upcoming warmer months.

6speed you really like the Deuter Kid Comfort type? They look pretty good. My only worry was that my daughter’s legs would get sore or fall asleep or something hanging out. How does your daughter like the way that it feels to sit in that pack for awhile? Any issues?

That was why we got the Deuter. It has a more chair like seat as opposed to the straddle saddle style. she likes sitting in it and has never had a problem. I'm usualy ready for a break every hour or two anyway and her legs don't seem to bother her.

Awesome. Thanks for the extra info. I will definitely be getting one to hike around the hills this year. She loves outside so hopefully she'll love this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back