Kid has a mean streak?

Nut

In last night's football game my youngest son was doing great on defense as usual.

All of a sudden a yellow flag flew and it was announced a personal foul and disqualification. Then my son comes off the field. It seems he finally got tired of being held all of the time beside hit in the back. So he put a forearm to the side of the helmet of the other player that was holding him at the time.
Coach was mad but said he was proud also for Martin sticking up for himself.
According to state rules he sits out next game also automatically. That isn't good many said (Martin is leading tackler for team)

Should I do anything other than tell him that he should not have got caught doing it? Good sportsmanship is a quality and shows class is what I like.....but sometimes enough is enough?

:confused::D|oo:cool::BLEEP::eek:

Teach him to keep the retailiation inside the shoulders where the ref can't see it. If he can get a hand to the Adam's apple the ref won't see it and the other guy will get the message.

My oldest daughter comes off the socccer field in teh Varsity games with bruises, scratches, her shirt about ripped from all the holding, grabbing. I keep telling her she can either ask the ref for help or just a backhand to the throat of the other girl as she is running.

The day she gets her first yellow card will be a big step forward in her game development.

Looking through the pictures....here is the one right before it happened.

Martin is second in blue from the zebras in the middle

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1964 - Copy.JPG55.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1964 - Copy.JPG55.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 170
Ahh Friday night lights brings back memories... My uncle would come home from work, load the truck all up with our hunting gear and wait till I finished our game to take me every weekend hunting of deer season. Lots of setting up camp in the dark. Good memories.. Tell him to keep the hits within the numbers when locked up off the line and they wont see it as much. Ditto on the wink.

My college coach said if your that mad look the player up after the game,but don't penalize your team because of your actions.Hard to do .Sucks missing a game,sounds like a pretty stiff penalty.

Nut,

You need to tell him to control his anger. He does the team no good when he's not in the game. Tell him to bottle that anger and take it out on his next tackle. I used to love that part of the game. There's plenty he can do that's within the rules of the game. I'd have a long talk with him and let him know he let the team down and that he better not do it again.

...hope he learned something. while he getting yellow flaged the other guy is getting high fives for getting him off the field.

normally when they get under your skin like that you lose....who won?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back