Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Ketichikan lodging?

pointingdogsrule

Booked our flights to Ketchikan and will be looking for a place to stay one night, while we wait for the ferry to Prince of Wales Island. Any suggestions on a cheap place to crash for one night? Thanks in advance.

good luck to all
the dog

One of my favorite places I've been to. Some cool places there to check out. Can't think of anywhere cheap to stay though.

Well, since we get in at 4 pm and the ferry doesn't leave until the next afternoon... any suggestions on what to see and keep us occupied. Thanks.

good luck to all
the dog

We always stay at the Super 8 it is just across the road from the Ferry dock so easy to get to Ferry and so forth has a nice little place to eat in there also.

I enjoyed just walking down Creek Street and checking out all the shops. Also Ray Troll's art gallery is there, which you may or may not be familiar with his work, but I always found it was quite interesting.

I'm pretty sure we stayed at the Best Western. Free shuttle, freezers, and hunter friendly.

The hardware/sporting goods shop, Fish and Game, grocery store, mcdonalds, coffee shop, and sports bar are all within a 2 minute walk.

Correction on my above post it was the Best Western we liked so much with the nice little place to eat and stuff. We have stayed at the Super 8 also both were very good and had freezer space available to sportsman which was nice for our bear hides overnight.

When are you going? I went to POW this last August...very DIY/OYO friendly. I've been to Ketchikan a few times. Love the area. My wife loves Cape Fox Lodge...but its not cheap.

When are you going? I went to POW this last August...very DIY/OYO friendly. I've been to Ketchikan a few times. Love the area. My wife loves Cape Fox Lodge...but its not cheap.

Arrive in Ketch on May 29th. Leave Ketch on June 7 after POW bear hunt. NOTE: I put in for tags for 4 people..... 3 drew bear tags.... guess who did not :) I will be the Sherpa on this trip... photography, captain of the boat, bear skinner (I must learn to do this) and probably cook. Looking forward to eating lots of fresh halibut & salmon.

I did put in for a bear tag for this fall. I'd like to make it a bear and deer combo if possible. I will have to contact you if I draw for the fall. Thanks for the info.

good luck to all
the dog

Prepare for WET WEATHER! Beautiful country, and Ketchikan is a neat little town. Have fun!

Arrive in Ketch on May 29th. Leave Ketch on June 7 after POW bear hunt. NOTE: I put in for tags for 4 people..... 3 drew bear tags.... guess who did not :) I will be the Sherpa on this trip... photography, captain of the boat, bear skinner (I must learn to do this) and probably cook. Looking forward to eating lots of fresh halibut & salmon.

I did put in for a bear tag for this fall. I'd like to make it a bear and deer combo if possible. I will have to contact you if I draw for the fall. Thanks for the info.

good luck to all
the dog

Sweet. I'm sure you will have a great time. I absolutely loved it up there. Yes, if you go in the fall I can probably be more useful as far as where we saw bears (although it was just about everywhere!) and deer. I was up near Coffman Cove. In Ketchikan I would guess the Super 8 or Best Western are your cheaper options...but they are still a little pricey.

Sweet. I'm sure you will have a great time. I absolutely loved it up there. Yes, if you go in the fall I can probably be more useful as far as where we saw bears (although it was just about everywhere!) and deer. I was up near Coffman Cove. In Ketchikan I would guess the Super 8 or Best Western are your cheaper options...but they are still a little pricey.

We will being staying in Coffman Cove with a friend.

good luck to all
the dog

The Narrows Inn is probably your best bet if looking for not ghetto, but cheaper than the Best Western. Best Western is the easiest though. Right across the street from the ferry.

Back