Kerry White good for MT Sportsmen and Access?

I think its just great for Sportsmen that Kerry White and Citizens for Balanced Use opposed the LWCF.

Funny that some people would think CBU is Sportsmen and Access friendly? Who would support these clowns?

LWCF (oppose) (20 billion in the bank) (funds go to eco groups)

Funny that some people would think CBU is Sportsmen and Access friendly?
CBU, Citizens for Balanced Use, I refer to as Citizens for Balanced Abuse! The reason for that characterization is that the organization and stated goal is for motorized access to every square foot of public land. A goal is motorized access to designated wilderness areas and other protected pristine public lands.

Since the inception of the advocacy for transfer of federal public lands to the states, CBU has endorsed and promoted that bad idea.

Kerry White represented my district in the Montana Legislature and we are well acquainted. We get along fine personally and have engaged in good discussions, however our ideologies are vastly different and opposing, particularly with regard to public lands and wildlife.

If he opens his mouth, most hunters will quickly determine what side he's an advocate for. He and I would be on the opposite side of most all things hunting.

Having watched & worked with Kerry for a while, I largely fall here. That's not to say I dislike Kerry as a person, I don't.

Kerry's legislative record is strong on anti-conservation and not great on a lot of access issues outside of his personal crusades. He was a stalwart advocate for motorized use and has done a ton of work relative to trails funding for snow machines & ATV's.

He killed a bill in 2019 that would have created working groups to help improve state trust lands travel management
He authored a bill to remove public comment from wildlife management decisions unless you were a landowner.
He led the effort to transfer public lands in the House of Representatives in 2015 alongside Senator Jennifer Fielder
He voted against the pro-corner crossing bills

I'm sure there's a lot more he's been involved with, but those are just off the top of my head.

Having said that, he is a funny guy and he did run a decent committee as the chairman; tight, professional and no nonsense.

Having watched & worked with Kerry for a while, I largely fall here. That's not to say I dislike Kerry as a person, I don't.

Kerry's legislative record is strong on anti-conservation and not great on a lot of access issues outside of his personal crusades. He was a stalwart advocate for motorized use and has done a ton of work relative to trails funding for snow machines & ATV's.

He killed a bill in 2019 that would have created working groups to help improve state trust lands travel management
He authored a bill to remove public comment from wildlife management decisions unless you were a landowner.
He led the effort to transfer public lands in the House of Representatives in 2015 alongside Senator Jennifer Fielder

I'm sure there's a lot more he's been involved with, but those are just off the top of my head.

Having said that, he is a funny guy and he did run a decent committee as the chairman; tight, professional and no nonsense.
The depth of HT knowledge is great. I only know he's got a hilarious moustache and want to put roads and trails everywhere.

Kerry sounds like a POS and anathema to the values of responsible and reasonable sportsmen.

His mustache and sense of humor have zero relevance. It makes as much sense to like such a guy personally as to say:

“Satan is a funny guy and a snappy dresser so I like him personally despite our differences of opinion on whether good souls should burn in eternal hell. “

Kerry sounds like a POS and anathema to the values of responsible and reasonable sportsmen.

His mustache and sense of humor have zero relevance. It makes as much sense to like such a guy personally as to say:

“Satan is a funny guy and a snappy dresser so I like him personally despite our differences of opinion on whether good souls should burn in eternal hell. “

FFS. It's nothing like that. Being able to find something you like in people you usually disagree with is a sign of strength & maturity. Nothing Kerry advocated for would place him into the "satan" category. It's not like he voted for crossbows or anything.

He probably voted for lighten knocks, but I'm not sure where we are as a community on that sin now.

FFS. It's nothing like that. Being able to find something you like in people you usually disagree with is a sign of strength & maturity. Nothing Kerry advocated for would place him into the "satan" category. It's not like he voted for crossbows or anything.

He probably voted for lighten knocks, but I'm not sure where we are as a community on that sin now.
all good and I understand and apply these same approaches in my professional work with disparate parties related to oil and gas regulation development. Just caught my eye to see reference to personal characteristics when discussing his policy shortcomings. Was not seeing how that informed the policy issues under discussion.

Last edited:

Same experiences with him at the Capitol. Got along with him well enough. Also lost a water rights bill that was the result of a large working group in 2019 because of him after nothing but positive hearings. It was nonsense.

Back