Kerry hedges on 1971 KC meeting (political assassinations)

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Hmmm, we have a guy running for President who WAS at a meeting where assassinating members of congress was actually discussed. Great guy.

Posted on Fri, Mar. 19, 2004

BY SCOTT CANON
Knight Ridder Newspapers

KANSAS CITY - (KRT) - Confronted with 32-year-old FBI records, Sen. John Kerry's campaign all but conceded he attended a 1971 Kansas City meeting where a fellow anti-war veteran called for political assassinations. Those active in Vietnam Veterans Against the War at the time stress that the suggestion for such a violent approach was angrily rejected. They say their memories do not include Kerry taking part in the radical discussion.

A statement Thursday by Kerry's camp said the Massachusetts Democrat did not recall the meeting, although FBI surveillance material and the group's archives clearly show that Kerry resigned from his national coordinator post at that November 1971 meeting. http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/nation/8232015.htm?templat...

In interviews last week, the senator's campaign insisted that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee clearly remembered bolting from the group months earlier. ... <snip>

"If there are valid FBI surveillance reports from credible sources that place some of those disagreements in Kansas City, we accept that historical footnote in the account of his work to end the difficult and divisive war."

Kerry's anti-war activities launched his political career but also have been used by opponents to portray him as a radical. One conservative tabloid has described the Kansas City meeting as a "dark plot."
Well hes got my vote :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOT

Good thing there are records to jog both their memmories huh! :D In 1971 I was in Washington D.C. dumping the General Military Training records for USAF Headquarters Command, including the Comptroller, and the USAF Band members, into the river! Yep, same river old Georgie threw the silver dollar across!! :D I don't think I would have forgotten a meetineg where political asassinations was a subject! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ELKCHSR:
I wonder if the main stream news media will publish this one... :rolleyes:
Is Knight Ridder not considered Mainstream?

Elkchsr, do you even know what you type, or do you just assume if it passes the Spell Checker, it makes sense???? :rolleyes:

I haven't used spell checker all night, get over it!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back