Kansas Application Deadline April 29th

noharleyyet

http://www.huntthewest.com/2011/KSd...tm_campaign=Feed:+HuntTheWest+(Hunt+the+West)

The application deadline for 2011 Kansas non-resident deer permits is April 29, the last Friday in April.

Nonresident either-sex deer permits allow the taking of one whitetail buck, doe, or fawn. The cost of the permit is $322.50, and if successful in the drawing, the applicant must also purchase a nonresident hunting license, $72.50, prior to hunting.

The hunter applies in one of 18 deer management units and may also select one adjacent unit in which to hunt. Applicants also select one equipment type and season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearm) at the time of application.

Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader equipment only.

If unsuccessful in the draw, the hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw.

A nonresident who successfully draws an Archery or Muzzleloader either-sex deer permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an additional fee of $102.50, submitted at time of application. If drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, the hunter will receive a $101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit.

A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in 2011 can purchase a preference point online for $22.50. The preference point will count toward a nonresident whitetail either-sex deer permit in a future drawing.

To apply for a nonresident either-sex deer permit, go to https://www1.ks.wildlifelicense.com/index_hf.php

In recent years, the draw was 100% and preference points were largely useless.

When do they post the drawing results? I applied for the muzzleloader tag and added the mule deer stamp. Hopefully I can finally draw a mule deer tag. I have hunted western KS several times for whitetails. Always seen mule deer. Now that I don't have a place to hunt I will probably draw a mule deer tag.

Then the fun begins doing the research for a new spot. Hopefully I will at least draw a whitetail tag.

July 1st is when results should be available per huntin fool. Looks like most all uits are 100% draw or close to it for whitetail and anywhere from 19-77% on the mule deer stamp. Good choice on the muzzleloader tag, it's pretty cool that you can hunt both the regular gun season as well as the early muzzleloader season. I'm hoping for an archery tag with MD stamp.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back