Just where does the Buck Stop with Dubya???

Giant Sequoia National Monument, California

You write in a candidate ? Have any of your write ins ever become president ?

Bush
Kerry
waste your vote

A-con,

Nope none have become president, and its unfortunate that the american public is being suckered into voting for the lesser of evils.

I have set a pretty high standard for casting my votes, and not a single presidential candidate has met my standards to run this country. Until such time that I find a proper candidate I'll continue to write one in, and I dont think its a wasted vote. Its voicing my dissatisfaction for the sorry excuses that have run the last twenty years.

A wasted vote is from a person that:

1. doesnt vote
2. doesnt take the time to learn about the candidates, but votes how their dad did.
3. votes for the better of two unqualified candidates.
4. votes party lines.
5. votes on a single issue.

Its tough having a set of ethics and two crooked parties to vote for...

But, I do think that everyone should excercise the rights they have, and I do.

Oh, and thanks for the info on giant sequoia I wasnt aware of any monument designation that didnt allow hunting after it was designated...most of the ones I've researched still allow hunting, grazing, etc.

If I've sounded rude in my above post, I didn't mean to. I may be a redneck, but I'm not a rude/lowlife redneck.
I gess I look at it differently, one of these two men IS going to be president. No write in or third party candidate has won in our lifetime.
The only votes that will count towards electing a president will be the ones cast for Bush or Kerry. The top vote getting third party candidate will probably get a quick mention by the reporters and thats it. No say in setting policy, no cabnit post, no pot to piss in.
I take the electing of a U.S. president seirously, and all these post bashing Bush might make for some lively discussions, but someone, somewhere might belive them as the truth, and decide to change his or her vote. That would be a shame because most of it is one sided bullchit.
Why don't you consider holding your nose and voteing for Bush, it might make you nauseous, but at least you voice will have been herd.

There is tons and tons of dirt on Kerry ( some of it true, some of it not ), so if you insist on dissing Bush, why don't you do it to Kerry also ?
I here under that suite, he wears a pink rubber thong.

A-con,

I also take the election of a president seriously, and I've found that there are/were serious problems with ALL of them since I've been of voting age. I aint offended by your posts at all, no reason to be.

The reason I cant vote for Bush is because he doesnt care about wildlife or wildlife habitat. That sucks, big time. I find it pretty offensive that he wants to mine the Rocky Mountain Front in Montana, which I consider the most spectacular country I've ever seen. I also find it offensive that CBM developement will destroy/alter much of the prairie country of Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. More than that, there's no economic plan, a huge defecit, a crappy immigration plan, a freaking quaqmire in Iraq, no foreign policy, etc. etc. etc. etc. I mean, what is there to really like? I do like how he handled Afghanistan, but its impossible to over-look a pile of crappy policy and justify my vote for him for doing one thing right.

I cant set aside my ethics and beliefs, I just cant. I sometimes wish I could, it would be a ton easier...

From what I've seen so far from Kerry, I dont expect much more from him.

I think its much more important to elect good representatives and senators...and there are some that actually do get serious about land management.

The way I want to be heard is: "give me a choice for Christ sake! Get serious and find a candidate that's fit for office."

I take the electing of a U.S. president seirously, and all these post bashing Bush might make for some lively discussions, but someone, somewhere might belive them as the truth, and decide to change his or her vote. That would be a shame because most of it is one sided bullchit.
A-con,
The sad part is, that stuff "bashing" Bush is not made up. The above exchange between the Congressman and Bush's Labor Secretary happened. Don't you care what your elected officials do, once you vote for them?

Beings that the US is only a two party system now, why don't we go back to the old days. The winner of the election is President and the Runner up is VP! That may help balance chit out, maybe??

Naw; not with people like Clinton, Kerry, Clinton, Duke, and Charles Manson and in politics! :eek:

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back