Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Just not my year....

@ElkFever2 @3855WIN @Big Fin @SD_Prairie_Goat thanks guys. It was nice to get out and do that hunt, and even enjoyable to do it by myself. And since I was alone I tried the ol' Gutless Method even though it was freaking cold. Took me a little longer but I got it done.
I also found a set of nice beaver mittens that were lost - and got them returned to the owner who turns out to be a really cool local hunter and a guy who runs a PodCast up here. So cool to meet him as well.

Temps just dipped to -6 - hard on snow machines but I have one more Caribou Permit for this herd. Then I just heard from a buddy since I seem to be doing good that the archery only corridor may still have some Caribou in it and a General Moose Permit for the week of Thanksgiving with my bow here in the urban area. So I've got a couple more shots to put some more meat in the freezer. But winter is quickly coming to Alaska Interior finally.

Thanks again guys - I was pretty frustrated when I put up that original post. I love my family and obviously they are important and I want to prioritize them and have to stay healthy to enjoy the outdoors. Thanks for letting me vent and for sharing in this bounty. HuntTalk for the win.
Man, I know how it goes. Last year I had a house fire and my GF got in a sever car accident. You take the wins when you can.

Hope you connect with a moose or bow bou man. We expect an update if you do!

Glad everything is working out. I had appendix, gall bladder, and hernia surgery to get out of the way before my trip to Africa in August. Finally had VA do the last one, hernia surgery, less than a month before leaving. Unable to get into gym for more than a year, I was a bit flabby hunting down there but otherwise did just fine. Some of it was arduous, especially kudu, waterbuck, and hartbeest. So far this fall I have dragged out two muley bucks and no ill effects. Sometimes it's best to just get back in the saddle when thrown off. I guess you know about that now. Good life lesson.

Last edited:
Just heard my brother has to have emergency eye surgery, so my big game season is done. He has to hunt with me as a condition of the special nonresident combo license. Glad I got to hunt with him the first week of season and took that 3 pt muley buck when I had the chance. I'll have to eat the elk tag but so what. I've already shot thirteen of them. Good news is they have given him a good prognosis.

Sometimes if it ain't ants, it's flies. Looking at the photo, looks like you were able to power through it and fill your freezer.

Well done.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back