MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Just got diagnosed with Fatty Liver disease

Get a medically approved plan and follow it. The Mayo Clinic has some good information on this stuff. My mother in law died last year from non alcohol cirrhosis. It was hell on my wife.
Sorry about the MIL , it was hard to watch dad go that route . He was down to 90 lbs in the end . I will get ahead of this , thank you .

No drinking for me , just the sweet tooth and overweight . I just googled it and I may have overreacted , seems like it's a treatable thing . The nurse on the phone made it sound ominous , LOL

I was diagnoses a couple of years ago. Lost 20 pounds and all is good now. Diet is huge.

From the research I did there are likely millions of folks running around undiagnosed.

Not sure how to take it . My dad died from NASH , Non Alcoholic cirrhosis of the Liver , and it was terrible .
Going to GI doc to get a better idea and understand how to deal with this condition .
I'm 64 , 25 lbs overweight , but still in good shape , IMO .
I have an incredible sweet tooth , love cakes and pies , but try to eat healthy .
Anybody deal with this ?
A couple of thoughts from some who has been there:

1. You have to be YOUR greatest advocate.
2. Research and question everything.
3. A person doesn’t have to be overweight to have Fatty liver.
4. Changing your diet WILL be the single greatest improvement you can do for yourself. The right food helps with regeneration.
5. The liver can regenerate itself over time with the right eating, exercise and vitamin/minerals.
6. Milk Thistle!
7. You got this…..Welcome to a new day and a long life ahead of you!
8. Every body is different. Find YOUR thing that works and stick with it.
9. More people have Fatty Liver than even know. It is an epidemic of Americans over indulging.
10. Eat according to your blood type. While hard at first it can pay off with huge dividends later.

You and only you can change this……you got this!💪🏼💯

A couple of thoughts from some who has been there:

1. You have to be YOUR greatest advocate.
2. Research and question everything.
3. A person doesn’t have to be overweight to have Fatty liver.
4. Changing your diet WILL be the single greatest improvement you can do for yourself. The right food helps with regeneration.
5. The liver can regenerate itself over time with the right eating, exercise and vitamin/minerals.
6. Milk Thistle!
7. You got this…..Welcome to a new day and a long life ahead of you!
8. Every body is different. Find YOUR thing that works and stick with it.
9. More people have Fatty Liver than even know. It is an epidemic of Americans over indulging.
10. Eat according to your blood type. While hard at first it can pay off with huge dividends later.

You and only you can change this……you got this!💪🏼💯

Uhhh type A blood needs to eat a plant based diet.

How many of us have been doing it all wrong!?

@CRJR45 I saw this video on Instagram the other day where someone claimed they had seen results of fatty liver decreasing by doing a weeklong detox of mixing a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper and drinking it each morning. I don’t know how often they do this but it could be worth a shot. Either way I’m praying for you to find healing and answers.

Just to follow up , I joined Planet Fitness , $10 a month . Did 20 minutes on the stair stepper and 700 steps .
Then just checked out some other stuff , leg lifts , arm curls , shoulder extensions / presses .
It's going to take me a while to get a program going .
Plus Kim bought a Mediterranean cookbook and we will be adjusting out meals accordingly .
Good news is Elk is a "good" red meat , second only to Bison ?

Just to follow up , I joined Planet Fitness , $10 a month . Did 20 minutes on the stair stepper and 700 steps .
Then just checked out some other stuff , leg lifts , arm curls , shoulder extensions / presses .
It's going to take me a while to get a program going .
Plus Kim bought a Mediterranean cookbook and we will be adjusting out meals accordingly .
Good news is Elk is a "good" red meat , second only to Bison ?
I applaud you sir, so many anymore want to take a pill for an easy fix, or sit around and continue their bad habits.

Weightlifting has many tremendous health benefits. It maintains muscle mass, bone density, helps with functional movement and mobility, range of motion, and so on. There is no good reason to not lift weights unless your doc tells you not to.

If you’re into podcasts, find “the docs who lift” podcast. It’s done by a couple brothers that are both endocrinologists, and health freaks. They did one episode just on fatty liver and NAFLD.

Spencer was my roommate at a few national wrestling tournaments when we were in high school and Karl was one of our coaches. I haven’t seen or talked to either of them in 20 years but they were both pretty serious about weight lifting then too.

Weightlifting gets a bad rap because people mistakenly think that you will get big and bulky. Doing high repetitions, making sure you go through the whole movement while building long lean muscle mass will have the opposite affect. Lean muscle also burns more calories while at rest.

of course, follow doctors advice, seek out a qualified nutritionist.

IMO though, sounds like the sugar and simple carbs gotta go.
Easier said than done. I've got diabetes and a horrible sweet tooth. Diabetes is gonna kill me in all likely hood! If I gave up half my sweet things I'd still have to much! What you won't hear me say on my death bed is, "wish I had one more peanut butter cup"!

Easier said than done. I've got diabetes and a horrible sweet tooth. Diabetes is gonna kill me in all likely hood! If I gave up half my sweet things I'd still have to much! What you won't hear me say on my death bed is, "wish I had one more peanut butter cup"!
I don’t know if this would be ok with your diabetes but if I get a sweet tooth, which I do occasionally but not daily, I’ve been taking a tablespoon of local natural honey and it seems to stop the sweets urge.

it's not just diabetes or failure of the liver either.

many researchers are convinced it's likely the dominant driver of cardiovascular disease.

the below is a particularly good read. robert lustig is a very legitimate practicing endocrinologist and professor, he goes so far as to argue, with data to back himself up, that sugar should be regulated to the degree alcohol and tobacco are given how deleterious its effects on the human population are.

easier said than done yes. but if people can get sober and quit nicotine, cutting out sugar and processed simple carbs is extremely possible.

Last edited:
Dr Peter Attia. Drive podcast and website. Very in depth discussions with experts on longevity.

The keto diet is what you need, or at least a low carb diet. Along with fasting. I had fatty liver disease also, about 2 1/2 years ago. With a change in diet my liver was back to normal in less than 6 months. Basically what you need to do is real simple. Eliminate potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, and all forms of sugar. This includes fruit and especially fruit juice.

Fatty liver disease is now very common and most people aren't even aware they have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back