Caribou Gear Tarp

June fishing in Cabo San Lucas?

Bugle 'Em In

Heading on a group trip to Cabo in June. Was wondering if any of you have fished there at that time and if you can recommend a good guide for the day. Would love to target tuna, but it may be a bit early.
Any advice / information is welcomed.

There are loads of charter companies in Cabo. Most are reputable. If you're going specifically to fish, there's an outfit out of Phoenix that does a decent job on 5 day, 4 night package deals that include 2 days of fishing. Fiestasportfishing.com.
I think it's $800 pp including hotel.

i used to get down there pretty often in June and July (our wedding was in San Jose) - football tuna (~10lb but fight like a downhill runaway Tacoma) are generally prevalent. Lots of yellowtail and Mahi (Dorado locally) inshore. Not a lot of roosters until you get further up the coast. There are basically striped marlin year round if you’re into that.

For conventional gear, Pisces Sportfishing was good. I usually fished with Grant Hartman’s outfit (Baja Anglers) as at the time they were the only ones doing mostly fly tackle trips (they also do light tackle - think bass gear)

My info is a little dated though.

Fished down there years back out of hotel palmas de Cortez. About half way to la paz up inside. Was great fishing in June. Got into tuna a couple times, darado, wahoo, sailfish, stripe and one blue marlin. The dorado were my favorite as far as table fare. Can’t go wrong with tuna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back